Association of Inclusionist Wikipedians/Quotes
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
- The beauty of being an Inclusionist is not only to enjoy myself writing and correcting (without losing any contents) but also to believe that it is the only decent business model for Wikipedia.
- If wikipedia contained all the world's knowledge Google Multi-billion would be worth peanuts and Wikipedia well you can imagine! Today's on average,(very small sample, you can verify) Wikepedia comes 7th in Google search. When Wikipedia will come 2nd or 3rd, there will be NO need to go Googling anymore.
- I believe this is a very decent business model indeed for Wikipedia. — Dilane 05:34, 22 December 2006 (UTC)
- I get frustrated by people using the Google 'test' as authoritative; if the web already knew it all there would be less need for Wikipedia! — Pcb21
- How depressing. I found the information I was looking for, only to discover that someone is trying to delete it. — Mark Richards
- People often suggest that "quality control" is essential for an encyclopedia, and ask what sort of "governing board" will decide which articles to accept as part of the free encyclopedia. The answer is, "no one". We cannot afford to let anyone have such control.
- If the free encyclopedia is a success, it will become so ubiquitous and important that we dare not allow any organization to decide what counts as part of it. This organization would have too much power; people would seek to politicize or corrupt it, and could easily succeed. — Richard Stallman
- Dort, wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man am Ende auch Menschen. ('Where they start burning books, they will end in burning human beings.) — Heinrich Heine, from his play Almansor (1821)
- Myopia, is a curable problem. Not notable does not mean "I've never seen it." — Alkivar
- There are some things that are copyright, for everything else there's Wikipedia. — Thryduulf 22:23, 15 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. Commissioner Pravin Lal "U.N. Declaration of Rights" — Sid Meier ( HoratioVitero )
- If today was perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow — Anh Tu Sam (comment spotted on fundraising details for 24 December 2005 ) posted here by Thryduulf 01:05, 27 December 2005 (UTC)
- Every single (or married) man, woman, child, and lump of en:bituminous coal needs its own Wikipedia article. — Aelffin 18:50, 3 August 2006 (UTC) (Nathan McKnight)
- The war against information has drawn totalitarian governments from across the globe, and is now centralized in AfD forum. Discrimination against people is inhumane, but accountable; intolerance toward information has no explanation. — xDanielx
- What is important to me might not be important to you, and vice versa. I should not judge whether your interests are valid, useful or important. That's for you to decide. — Kingturtle
- Deletionism can lead to an Imperialist mindset that supposes only sanctioned cultural interests are of worth. — Kingturtle
- Supporting a deletionist to delete an incomplete article = supporting someone to kill a sick baby. If you say "What use is this new article?" I ask "Of what use is a new-born baby? Please ask a deletionist to kill a sick baby before deleting articles. If all Wikipedians are deletionists, Wikipedia won't exist. It will be deleted. Ironically, they didn't delete their own page. Funny. — Mark Chung
- The goal is to give people a free encyclopedia to every person in the world, in their own language. Not just in a 'free beer' kind of way, but also in the free speech kind of way. — Jimmy Wales, The founder of Wikipedia