Association of Stubbifist Wikipedians
I, TheSeer, hereby establish the Association of Stubbifist Wikipedians -- (BUTCHER).
This association is for those who believe that there should be a push for an official policy (or just want to do it unofficially) to propose the stubbification of articles. There are far too many articles out there that are on a subject that Wikipedia should include but contain so much cruft, original research and poorly cited statements that short of deleting them, the best course of action is to stubbify them and remove all unnecessary information.
Membership is not limited. All you have to do to become a member is list your name here. If you feel like expressing your stubbifist feelings, you can do so at /Blurbs.
This association is a Totalitarian one, unless it manages to attract some support.
- Outpace rampant inclusionism
- Further our goal of a quality encyclopedia containing as little junk as possible
- Omit needless words
- Clear out uncited statements.
- This association is similar to the Association of Deletionist Wikipedians, but due to the wide trend of inclusionism, this association seeks to strike a balance between the two opposing ideologies.
- The association also has similar goals to the Association of Exclusionist Wikipedians.
- Wikipedia is not a junkyard, counter to the inclusionist quote, Wikipedia is not paper. --Improv 06:05, 23 Oct 2004 (UTC)
- The proliferation of mediocrity is never its own excuse, and the absence of good information does not obviate the need for that information. Geogre 16:55, 23 Oct 2004 (UTC)
- Wikipedia is not Google JFWT@lk 20:00, 23 Oct 2004 (UTC)
- Roses are red/violets are blue/in Soviet Wikipedia/bad article delete you. --Slowking Man
- Wikipedia is and will always be an encyclopedia. [...] It is not a general base of knowledge. - Anthony DiPierro
- Wikipedia is not toilet paper, as opposed to the inclusionist quote, Wikipedia is not paper. 184.108.40.206 08:23, 13 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Wikipedia is not a dumpster —attr. Viajero
- Wikipedia is not Chewing Tobacco, and Other Surreal Essays.
- Omit needless words.
- Wikipedia isn't a dump truck--it's a series of tubes, and those tubes need constant take-no-prisoners reaming. Atemperman, paraphrasing U.S. Senator Ted Stevens.
Other users' opinions
Please see Association of Stubbifist Wikipedians/Members. Feel free to add yourself.
Code of Stubbifism
- Thou shalt not keep content that knowingly violates WP:V, WP:OR or WP:NPOV
- Thou shalt not tolerate an Inclusionist to include worthless screed, lest we become Uncyclopedia.
- Thou shalt not tolerate an Eventualist to put off deleting a sourceless, badly written, original research laden article about a garage band's guitarist simply because they scream WP:IGNORE.
- Thou shalt not be a WP:DICK to prove your WP:POINT, but that doesn't mean you can't stand up for what is Holy and Proper to be Stubbified.
- Thou shalt not ever resurrect, recreate or reanimate that which has been removed. It has failed and burns now forever in Bad Content Hell, profane not our Wikipedia with such again.