From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
|This page is kept for historical interest. Any policies mentioned may be obsolete. If you want to revive the topic, you can use the talk page or start a discussion on the community forum.|
This is a proposed mailing list for topics that concern the Wikimedia Community, but not necessarily the Wikimedia Foundation or its Board or Staff. This is purely a list for feedback from the Wikimedia Community and its many editors.
Example discussion topics
- Hi, I'm trying to help my wiki in language X grow, do you have any ideas about how to do it?
- Hi Wikimedians, do you think 3RR should be a policy on every wiki? Why or why not?
- Hi other projects, I'm curious to get impressions about how other projects deal with 'difficult users'. We have a user who does X and we don't quite want to block him, because he makes useful edits, but the way he relates to other people is causing friction. any ideas?
- "Silent knowledge", tradition not policy, of various projects; gentle instruction the best practices of the community as a whole and across projects.
Examples of foundation-l threads in August that would be better suited to this list
- Future fate of Siberian Wikipedia
- wikipedia IRC channel guidelines review
- Wikimania Golden Awards
- Code detecting bots?
- Wiki does not exist
- Wikimania Live Streaming
- Wikimania Awards closed early without warning
- WikProject Classroom coordination
- Commons:Quality Images reaches 1000 QIs in less than a year
- Florence's presentation on Wikimania
- Interview transcription
- A Thank You to the Taiwan Wikimania Team
- New project - wikicracy
- tool for coloring/treating maps searched ...
- Wikimania 2008 Bidding opens
- Wiki Scanner & wikinews
- A general wiki list?
- Spam blacklisting on Foundation wikis