Fundraising 2010/Tech testing
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
||This page is kept for historical interest. Any policies mentioned may be obsolete. If you want to revive the topic, you can use the talk page or start a discussion on the community forum.
Quick list of what needs to be in place for any thursday fundraiser.
- Add two filters on locke for
- Landing pages. ex. 2010_Landing_2
- Banner impressions ex. centralnotice.js
- If any config changes happen make sure to kill -1 the udp2log process or new filter data will not be written.
- White list banners on contribution tracking
- Double check banners
- Should have updated tracking code, if we're doing tracking
- Should have correct utm_source ('banner') and utm_campaign ('campaign')
- Should have correct 'banner-url-2010', pointing to the appropriate landing page for a given banner
- Check that tracking bits for the banner are showing up in the contribution_tracking table
- Click the donate link in the banner
- Enter an arbitrary donation amount and click one of the donate buttons
- Dbl check that a record was written to drupal.contribution_tracking table on db9
- ssh into grosley
mysql> select id, contribution_id, utm_source, utm_medium, utm_campaign, ts from contribution_tracking order by id desc limit 10;
- If you entered a unique comment on the landing page, you might also include the 'note' row in your mysql query to make sure you're looking at your own contribution_tracking record
- Make sure that landing pages include the getLandingPage() js found in the Donate-now template. And properly id themselves through | landing-page = 2010_Landing_3' - this should cause the utm_source to be populated.
- If you're seeing the utm_source properly populated in drupal.contribution_tracking (see above), this is working correctly.
- You can also test to see if the POST data is properly being passed by checking HTTP headers from the request between the landing page and the gateway form
- Ensure that URLs pointing to 1click credit card forms contain '_cache_=true' in the query parameters (otherwise, it will not get cached and the server will die)
Browser Testing 
- Browser test extensively.
System Testing 
- CC gateway up.
- Check PayPal developer forums for outages, weirdness
- Go through the payment flow and be sure to click on 'donate by credit card'
- Make sure that correct information (including a contribution_id) shows up for the transaction in the contribution_tracking table (see above for how to access the table)
- Double check that a contribution tracking id is showing up in the hidden form fields on the credit card submission page. You should see a line in the page source that looks something like:
<input type="hidden" value="1936866" name="contribution_tracking_id" />
- If you are experiencing problems, contact Tomasz or Arthur
- Active MQ up.
- CiviCRM up.
- CiviCRM queue puller on
- Hudson can show you if the queue puller is running successfully. Contact Arthur for login if you need it. Under 'build history', you should see a series of blue dots in a list, roughly 15 minutes apart. If you do NOT or it's been way more than 15 minutes since the last run, OR you see RED dots, there is a problem with the queue consumer.
- Check CC trxn log
- Check contrib stats
- Check donor quotes page
- Check both payflow, paypal and donation Active MQ queues
- Check civi for contribs
- Contributions -> Find contributions
- If you search for contributions on only one day, sometimes Civi behaves weirdly and won't display any or all of the contribs. It is recommended you search on a date range that is > 1 day
- Check udp log stream on locke
- To see total # of actual banner impressions:
$ grep -c 'total=true' /a/squid/fundraising/logs/bannerImpressions.log
- Gzip and time stamp the file name of the log
- SCP the log over to dataset1:/data/locke-logs
- Run log parser to report on landing page stats and impressions
- /home/tfinc/mine_impression_requests.php <file>
- /home/tfinc/mine_landing_pages.php <file>
August 19, 2010 
Specific tasks for the Aug 19 fundraiser test.
- Disable queue consumption
- Enable queue consumption (after duplicate record creation bug is squashed!)