From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
In order to increase donations, we should hold regular fundraising drives.
- How often should we hold fundraising drives?
- Should the fundraising site notice be placed on every wiki for this?
- How can we attract potential donors to Wikimedia?
- How should this be advertised?
- Should it coincide with press releases?
- How should the Wikimedia Fundraising page be improved before the drive starts?
- Four times a year (a week each, or until the budget goal is reached). Our budget is divided into quarters, so we should have a fund drive each quarter to meet the budget total. It is also very difficult to predict our growth, and thus our budgetary needs, past a quarter or two in the future.
- Yes - all wikis that are hosted by us should have the notice. The notice does, of course, need to be translated and we also eventually need translated fundraising pages.
- Just keep doing what we are doing (our popularity will take care of this on its own, IMO). We should seek out grants, however.
- Buy advertisements on Encarta's website. ;)
- In the future yes. We should also have a meet-up in a different part of the world each time in order to rally the troops.
- We should put a bounty on the creation of a way to automatically grep and display the amount of money going into PayPal/MoneyBookers. As more money comes in, a bar moves toward the goal line. That page also needs to be translated in many different languages.
--Daniel Mayer 02:28, 14 Jul 2004 (UTC)