Funds Dissemination Committee/Chapter Finances Survey/Australia
Please complete your Chapter Finances Survey by Friday, May 25th, so that it can be considered by the Funds Dissemination Committee Advisory Group and can be used to develop recommendations for the Wikimedia Board of Trustees.
Key Questions 
For multiple choice questions, please delete all choices except your Chapter's response. Where a question requires a text answer, please use bullets under the question.
Chapter Expenses 
- 1. Within the following ranges, what were your total expenses (in $US) in your previous financial year?
- e. 50,000-100,000
- 2. What do you expect your total expenses will be (in $US) in this financial year?
- f. 100,000-500,000
Chapter Revenues 
- 3. In your previous financial year, did you raise revenue from sources other than from the annual fundraiser or grants from the Foundation? If so, how much (in $US)?
- c. 1,000-5,000
- 4. If you raised revenue from other sources in the previous financial year, please explain who or what types of groups (e.g., government, members, individual donors, etc.) were major providers of funds. If no, please leave this blank.
- Membership fees, independent donations, investment returns.
- 5. In this financial year, do you expect to raise revenue from sources other than from the annual fundraiser or grants from the Foundation? If so, how much (in $US)?
- c. 1,000-5,000
- 6. If you plan to raise revenue for this financial year from sources other than the fundraiser or the Foundation, please explain who or what types of groups (e.g., government, members, individual donors, etc.) were major providers of funds. If no, please leave this blank.
- Same as last year.
- 7. When does your financial year end?
- 30 June.
Chapter Re-granting Programs 
- 8. In your previous financial year, did your chapter provide grants to other individuals or entities? If so, how much (in $US)?
- f. >$20,001
- 9. If you provided grants in the previous financial year, can you provide additional detail on your grants program? (e.g., who are the grantees, what kind of projects or activities did you fund?)
- WMAU runs many re-granting programmes. Recipients included other chapters, the foundation, but most importantly members of the Australian community.
- 10. In this financial year, will you provide grants to other individuals or entities? If so, how much (in US$)?
- e. $10,001-20,000
- 11. If you plan to provide grants in this financial year, can you provide additional detail on this year’s grants? (e.g., who are the grantees, what kind of projects or activities will you fund?)
- Primarily grants to the community, a large proportion of which are travel grants (which will be in excess of other chapters, as travel is expensive in Australia due to the distances involved)
Funds Dissemination Needs and Timing 
- 12. Do you anticipate requesting funding through either the Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) or the WMF grants process for your next financial year (e.g., 2013)? If so, how much (in $US)?
- g. 100,000-500,000
- 13. What would be your ideal timeline for requesting and receiving funds from the FDC or WMF grants process? (e.g., "request in November/December, receive in January”)
- Request in April/May, approved by the end of June. Receiving funds in the first couple of months of our fiscal year.
- 14. By what date would you need to receive funds through the FDC or WMF grants process? (i.e., At what date will your ability to carry out planned activities be damaged if you haven’t received funding?)
- The sooner the better, and it depends on the programmes we get approved. We would not be opposed to staged payments, for instance, receiving our grant in four separate installments three months apart.
- 15. Do you have any questions about the funds dissemination process that you need to have resolved in order to plan your chapter’s next financial year? By what date do you need an answer?
- Not at this time.
Additional Comments or Questions 
Please use this section for any comments or questions you have about the funds dissemination process.
We are seeking your input as we develop a set of recommendations for the FDC. We encourage your contribution on the talk pages of the Draft FDC Proposal to the Board.