|This is a failed global policy proposal.
There has been no community consensus to enact it as global policy. If you want to revive discussion you may use the talk page or start a discussion at Requests for comment.
How we ratify the policy 
- Discussing the policy locally (on as many projects as possible) and then collecting the individual consensus decisions
- Holding a vote similar to the ones for the Board of Trustees or global sysops
- Holding a Request for comment here on Meta with simply yes/no/with revisions or the like.
Who needs to be notified of any decision 
Ratification by communities representing 75% of Wikimedia active users is required for the policy to take effect.
Note: the following is an example based on Wikipedia statistics, because List of Wikipedias provides Active User statistics, while List of Wikimedia projects by size does not. The real ratification process should be based on Wikimedia projects, not just Wikipedias.
As of 24 April 2012, there are 287,614 active users (List of Wikipedias), counting just projects with more than 500 active users for ease of calculation. This means communities representing 158,188 users must endorse the policy. Just the 6 Wikipedias with more than 10k active users would total 217.3k users, or 76%.
- English Wikipedia: 138.7k
- Spanish Wikipedia: 15.2k
- German Wikipedia: 22.3k
- French Wikipedia: 16.7k
- Russian Wikipedia: 12.5k
- Japanese Wikipedia: 11.9k