From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
|This is a disambiguation page, which lists pages which may be the intended target. If a page link referred you here, please consider editing it to point directly to the intended page.|
Grants may refer to: many forms of incentives.
To organizations, informal groups, and individuals:
- Grants:Start: information on all of the Wikimedia Foundation's grantmaking programs
- Wikimedia Foundation Grants Program: see Grants:Index for an overview of WMF's project-specific grants program.
- Funds Dissemination Committee: established in 2012 to award general funds to eligible affiliated entities (see the FDC portal).
- Individual Engagement Grants: WMF's grantmaking program for individuals or small teams to complete projects.
- Wikimedia Deutschland WissensWert (projects also from out of the Wikimedia scope and with a budget of less than 5000 € each)
To help future organizations:
- Affiliate start up grants given through the Affiliations Committee with the costs of starting an organization and becoming recognized in the Wikimedia movement
To Wikimedia volunteers:
- Wiki Loves Monuments
- Wikimedia Participation:Support a reimbursement program for Wikimedia volunteers run jointly by Wikimedia Deutschland (WMDE) and Wikimedia Foundation.
- WMAT photographic equipment, budget for reimbursement of photographic activities, press accreditations
- WMAT literature grants and free passes for libraries
- WMDE community project budget (CPB) (since 2011, supports large community-driven projects)
- 2013 (plan, 250 000 €)
- WMDE literature grants (since 2007, provides expensive books, access to scholar literature databases or to complete libraries)
- WMDE meetup grants (since 2011, supports meetups of thematical WikiProjects or meta-groups as OTRS-support-volunteers, admins, etc.)
- WMDE TechPool (since 2011, provides access for volunteers to expensive technical equipment)
- WMDE Illustrative content grant (since 2011, supports initiatives to close gaps on image stocks)
- WMDE Zedler Award (former Zedler Medal since 2007, community and free knowledge award)
- WMDE open community budget (since 2008, supports any useful initiative not covered by other programs, mostly travel expenses and press accreditations)
- WMHU Community support budget for projects (e.g. meetings, contests) initiated by the community
- WMHU Travel support
- WMHU Reimbursement programme (microgrants for expenses related to creating content)
- WMUK Microgrants
- WMCZ Wikimedia Czech Republic/Mediagrant (supports outreach initiatives)
- WMPL: Wiki Expedition and related (travel grant for photographers, 2009 on)
Other forms of incentives:
- WMIT award
- WMUK, WMPH etc. challenges/contests
- And more: wm2011:Submissions/Wikipedia and beyond: Incentivizing the engagement for freely licensed material and projects, etherpad:incentives