- Legal name of chapter or nonchapter group
- Sarah Stierch
- Grant contact name
- Sarah Stierch
- Grant contact username or email
- Grant contact title (position)
- Project lead name
- Project lead username or email
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Full project name
- Museum Computer Network Conference attendance
- Amount requested (in USD)
- Provisional target start date
- September 10 2011
- Provisional completion date
- November 22 2011
Budget breakdown 
- Travel: USD 280
- Hotel: USD 920
- Conference registration: USD 200 (Early bird, before September 24)
- Per diem: USD 200
Totaling: USD 1600
Project scope 
I have had two presentations accepted for the Museum Computer Network "Hacking the Museum 2011" conference:
I will also be participating in a panel discussion examining the GLAM WIKI movement. I am seeking funding so that will allow me to attend this conference, and to participate as planned. I was declined a scholarship from MCN. As a full time student and volunteer I am seeking funding through WMF to allow me this opportunity.
Project goal 
My goal is to present my accepted proposals about Wikipedia projects, and discuss Wikimedia's GLAM outreach program with a wider audience of museum professionals. As with all museum oriented events such as this, a large demographic will be women, which will allow me to also explore outreach opportunities in regards to gender gap. I will also have the opportunity to further my skills as a museum professional and Wikipedian/open source/tech geek. Opportunities include:
- Workshops such as "Hacking and mash-ups for beginners", "Linked open data museums", and "Piecing it together: Steps to a mobile application", "MCN ThatCamp Unconference", and "Open Source Solutions"; all opportunities that can benefit my work as a Wikimedia, and potential Fellow, through awareness about mobile applications, basic coding and metadata.
- Talks and panels such as: "A conversation with ILMS Program Staff, Peer Reviewers, and Grantees on Preparing a Competitive Application", "Counting your impact! Measuring online usage of museum content", and "Sharing Resources with a Global Audience: Practical Methods for Collaborating with Wikipedia".
And of course the goal of meeting with hundreds of GLAM and tech professionals from around the world.
Non-financial requirements 
Fit to strategy 
This will allow me to not only present two talks and present on a panel about GLAM and Wikimedia outreach related subjects, but, will also allow me to share information about partnership opportunities between GLAMs and Wikimedia with hundreds of tech and GLAM professionals. And, as demographics show, GLAM is a female dominated industry, allowing me to meet hundreds of tech savvy women who can be potential advocates (and may be current editors) for Wikimedia. It would also allow me to explore outreach opportunities and ideas with a professional demographic, which will be able to be utilized in my Fellowship proposal for gender gap.
Other benefits 
Measures of success 
I hope to give two successful presentations, followed by hopefully interested attendees. I'll have a chance to meet GLAM staff from around the world to expand on the GLAMWIKI outreach project - and I will measure my success by contacts made, opportunities that arise and knowledge acquired as a Wikimedian, open source advocate and emerging museum professional.