Grants:WM AR/Frankfurter Buchmesse/Report
- To present the model of edition, collaborative elaboration and dissemination of knowledge based on Wikipedia to the most important editorial industry fair in the world.
- To participate in the debates on copyrights that will take place at the fair.
- To promote the movement of free culture in Argentina, of which Wikimedia Argentina takes active part.
Description of actual activities:
What lessons were learned that could help others succeed in similar projects? Many things didn't go well at this project: The main one was that we underestimate the costs of the whole participation of Wikimedia Argentina at Frankfurt Book Fair. So, we spent most of this money to cover travel expenses.
Travel expenses were the priority issue, because of the whole concept of this two projects, done together with the other grant. So, we solved the main problems by asking help to other colleagues and chapters. Promotional materials were developed by Vía Libre Foundation in Argentina and Heinrich Böll Foundation in Berlin. We also received the support of our Colleagues from Wikimedia Germany, who provided the printed wikipedia materials. We also brought Wikipedia en el Aula brochure, which will be reported in another grant report.
What impact did the project have on WMF mission goals of Increased Reach, Increased Quality, Increased Credibility, Increased and Diversified Participation?
Please see Participaton at Frankfurt BookFair Report
Detail of expenditures:
We used around US Dollars 1.500,00 for the Participation at Frankfurt Book Fair.
We also used tht booklets produced for "Wikipedia en el Aula" for the event, and other chapters and colleagues helped us with the materials in Frankfurt.
Amount underspent in US Dollars:
We underspent US 2700,00.-
Will you be requesting re-allocation of remaining grant funding?
Yes, we would like to use this money to cover the amount spent for the celebration of Wikipedia 10, in May 2011. We would also like to include here the cost of the prize for our Wikicontent "Iberoamerican Women in Spanish Wikipedia".
Costs of each project:
- Wikipedia 10: USD 1800,00.-
- Wikicontent Iberoamerican Women in Spanish Wikipedia: USD 400,00
- Video tutorials: We would like to add the remaining USD 500,00.- to this project.