- Legal name of chapter
- Wikimedia Česká republika
- Grant contact name
- Petr Novák
- Grant contact user-name or e-mail
- Grant contact title (position)
- Project lead name
- Petr Novák
- Project lead user-name or e-mail
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Full project name
- Amount requested (in USD)
- USD 1 500
- Provisional target start date
- Provisional completion date
- 2011-06-30 (the date of the evaluation of the success of the project)
Project scope 
Members of the Wikimedia Czech republic repeatedly asked the organization for possibility to obtain quality photographic equipment, especially for the following aims:
- Obtaining quality photographs work in interiors is complicated and often possible with classical compact digital cameras. To get detent results, at least system flash and average quality telephoto lens are necessary, also larger DSLR camera sensor with is a big advantage in those conditions.
- Good tripod, that will also be very useful for the Czech Municipalities Photographs project (grant request also filled).
Hight quality interior photographic work, which is very important for portraiting relevant people, isn't possible at this time because practically, neither Wikimedia Czech republic nor Czech wikiprojects in the whole have enough active people with suitable equipment. On the other hand, we have active skilled members who understand it both technically and in practice, enthusiastic users and successfuly working photographic projects.
Therefore, we intend to buy an entry-level DSLR with a standard a telephoto zoom, system flash, tripod (and other minor but necessary equipment like memory cards), and lend it to our members for the purpose of creating high-quality free-licences photos for Wikimedia projects. In order to help contributor use full potential of this equipment, we also plan to organize a few photographic workshops (there is a separate grant project for one, but if there is enough interest we will be doing those even without funding, although on a smaller scale).
Project goal 
Goal of this project is to allow our members to take good portraits of relevant people, which is very often missing in suitable quality and also help other photographers take good photos of municipalities and other landscapes.
Non-financial requirements 
Wikimedia Czech Republic does not require any non-financial help for this project.
Fit to strategy 
This project will increase quality of photos of all kinds, portraits especially, and, first of all, greatly help to obtain quality photos of relevant people.
Other benefits 
We believe that this project will give possibility to think about quality of uploaded photos to everyone who produce them for Wikimedia projects. We also believe that funding will attract more Wikipedia contributors to photography projects.
Measures of success 
During the period of the running project, the equipment will be used to produce at least 50 high technical and/or content quality files that will be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons. Also, the equipment will be used on several workshops during the first year. We believe the camera will be used to deliver 120 high quality files in its second year and additionaly hundreds of "usable" photos each year.