Grants:Wiki Women Camp/Lodging Grant
- Legal name of organization or individual requesting this grant
- Wikimedia Argentina
- Grant contact name
- Grant contact username or email
- Grant contact title (position)
- host coordinator
- Project lead name
- Laura Hale, Beria Lima, Beatrice Busaniche
- Project lead username or email
- lhale at wikimedia.org.au
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Full project name
- Wiki Women Camp
- Amount requested in USD or local currency
- USD 1,700 // ARS 7,540 (Argentine pesos)
- Provisional target start date
- May 23, 2012
- Provisional completion date
- May 25, 2012
Funded and organized by 
- Budget breakdown
|Lodging for four persons for six days wikiwomen camp and wiki genero||1,700*||7,540|
Budget breakdown 
Wiki women camp is an international conference held with the goal to develop and providing leadership skills to women inside the Wikimedia Movement. The event is supported by Wikimedia Australia, Wikimedia Austria, Wikimedia Argentina, Wikimedia Germany, Wikimedia Indonesia. Partial grant request for Wiki Women Camp lodging only (not travel grant) limited to international scholarship recipient not covered by Wikimedia Germany or Wikimedia Australia or external funding like the Ford Foundation/ Wikifarm. The lodging only covers for five (5) participants out of 17 participants.
Project goal 
Wikiwomencamp is a women only conference. The conference is held to explore challenges facing women contributing to free knowledge movement and discuss opportunities to actively support the spread of free knowledge by communicating how successful strategies can be applied to outreach in different countries and cultures. Female participants have the opportunity to network with their peers in other countries, and develop lasting relationships that allows international partnerships that might not be possible otherwise because of cultural communication problems involving communicating solely online.
Project scope and list of activities 
It's a three days open conference with sessions such as discussions for; on going and future wikimedia projects, learning technical knowledge i.e. how to get wikimedia statistic + how to process the data for public, best practice and lesson learn (what works and what not) from other events organized locally, problems and how to solve them, etc. There's also going to be a special for women contributions and issues in open source technology.
Some of the international attendees already pledge follow up activities upon returning to their home country that can be seen in here.
Non-financial requirements 
None for now
Fit to strategy 
- Increasing women participation in Wikimedia projects, according strategic objective for 2015 of WMF.
Other benefits 
- International network between women.
Measures of success 
- We will consider the conference is a success if knowledge obtain from the camp applied and the promises made before departing to the camp followed up by activities upon returning to the participant home country.
Team members (optional) 
- lhale at wikimedia.org.au