Help talk:A quick guide to templates
This should be moved to "help:templates" and help:templates should be moved to "help:template paramters" or "help:template guide" AaronPeterson 02:11, 20 Sep 2004 (UTC)
- Do not change the name Help:Template please, that is the regular page about templates, this is an extra.--Patrick 05:02, 20 Sep 2004 (UTC)
- I agree with Patrick. The main template page should stay at Help:Template. Considering that other MediaWiki sites link to our help pages here, I would be against moving any of them without very good reason. Angela 06:10, 20 Sep 2004 (UTC)
- I think the point is that most pages link to help:template and they want the quick guide to setting up a template. I think very few pages link to this new page... but it contains the content that everyone wants, and is therefore more suitable to hold the help:template high trafic page.
- The complicated content would still be accessable with just a click... The point is, that the most important information, and or the most needed information should be placed in a better location... and the "specialty" shops can be a bit out of the way, but still pointed to. Basically, I'm saying that the content of this "A quick guide to templates" is what i was looking for when I went to help:templates (my firefox isn't letting me edit text properly, so I'm not editing my argument properly) And there would be no page at help:template for about 20 seconds max as the pages get swaped. there might be a few broken "#" hash links... but that isn't very important.
- I do view that I have a very good reason... here's the summary:
- shorter page name for this content
- more clear instructions on how to get templates up are linked to
- two pages, one for context/general info / one page for reference allows simultaneous browsing
Basically, in communications, I believe that the most needed information should go first. example:
The teacher is coming! duck!
Duck! the teacher is coming.
The action is needed ASAP, and the details can wait. AaronPeterson 09:04, 20 Sep 2004 (UTC)
In the section "Creating, editing and using templates", both examples of the template keyword are shown the same, but are described as having different results. Should the "subst:" prefix be in the second instance? I'm still learning but this seemed wrong to me... Anonymous 15:09, 29 Aug, 2005 (UTC)
- You are right, I readded what somebody had deleted.--Patrick 19:46, 29 August 2005 (UTC)
How does one change the size of templates?- Space Commander Plasma 06:11, 23 April 2011 (UTC)