|Help index (talk)|
For Installers section
I don't understand what this section is for. Is it for those who want to install the mediawiki software? Simthagin 09:49, 30 June 2007 (UTC)
Would it be possible to change the layout of this page? It's really nasty having all of the links in a tiny column on the left-hand side. A multi-column layout for each section would be much more attractive and more navagable too. Rob.desbois 12:19, 12 May 2006 (UTC)
- yes, I apologize completely. the old layout was much better. Matthias Köhler 20:25, 12 May 2006 (UTC)
- These tiny columns on the left do suck.. I'm looking into a way to have comments appear on the "alone" versions, and to be hidden when it is tucked into a sidebar. I think that sidebars should be an automatic wiki feature.. sort of like in.. *gasp* i dare say.. frontpage.. where you align the documents relationships. We have categories.. and we might be able to do something about having a sidebar automatically pop up showing things in the same category. That would solve this whole mess properly.
- It appears that people like the sidebars. (or nobody uses this site) *sigh* AaronPeterson 03:22, 3 July 2006 (UTC)
download mediawiki documentation as a zip file?
Where to download mediawiki documentation as a zip file? --220.127.116.11 16:05, 20 August 2006 (UTC) (email@example.com)
Hello, im not to sure how to talk on here, said Philip... I want to reset all my standard settings on Azures, but not quite sure how? лсдкфјад ćlčšđfsdafsdaf
Special characters in URLs?
How can MediaWiki be configured to accept special characters in URLS like wikipedia.com? For example, when I type mysite.com/wiki/C++, the wiki automatically strips the + (and any other non-alphanumeric) characters and redirects to mysite.com/wiki/C.
- Please ask technical questions related to MediaWiki in the freenode IRC channel #mediawiki. // [admin] Pathoschild (talk/map) 23:09, 29 August 2006 (UTC)
Site Specific Policy
The page claims "This help does not cover site-specific conventions, it is for the software only." However, in regard to deleting pages, it fails completely to meet this goal: it doesn't tell me how to delete a page, but it does tell me about policies for page deletion in wikipedia.
"and import this help into your site."
It would be great if the link "import this help into your site" went to some helpful info about importing this help into my site. I'd add the info if I knew it.
--18.104.22.168 07:56, 12 December 2006 (UTC)
For readers: Fpnt sets
Since my pc currently can't display the Japanese (and several other) foreign fonts that wikipedia uses, I think it'd be nice if there was a reader section on what fonts exactly are used over the wiki. Or, preferrably, someone who can tell me what fonts are being used ;) --MooNFisH 03:51, 27 June 2007 (UTC)
A question about implementing adsense
I'm not sure if this question belongs here, but I didn't know where to ask. My question is how to implement an adsense ad so it appears on every page except the main page, they way the guys at wiki.d-addicts.com have done. The small 468x60 ad appears on every other page (including image pages and special pages) but the main page. Does anyone know how to do that?? Please???--22.214.171.124 08:07, 22 December 2007 (UTC)
I still don`t know how to enable multilanguage. Is there someone who can help me? Thanks.
Which WIKI is the best on planet?
I`m not sure if WikiMedia is the right one. Actually, I`m looking for a "Public Groupware CMS" (Exp. WikiMedia) for my very large community. Can anyone help me out?
For editors section
Imho it's very uneasy for the eye that the headings in this section are in the middle, while the text is at the left. Can somone edit it so that it's like the other sections, where the headings are at the left but with a small indention. --126.96.36.199 19:50, 31 March 2008 (UTC)
- I removed it, that was a copy of Help:Introduction#MediaWiki, Wikimedia, and Wikipedia. iAlex 16:09, 31 January 2011 (UTC)