Help talk:Recursive conversion of wikitext
If the substitution call is in a parameter of a parser function which is also substituted, two iteration steps are carried out in one save.
- I thought two saves are needed. What is one save?--Hillgentleman 18:33, 19 April 2007 (UTC)
Thus it does not seem possible to put the construct of the previous section inside an if-construct.
--Hillgentleman 08:42, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
- No, I mean that e.g. in Template:Square root with defaults I had to put the branching to distinguish a defined and undefined parameter value at every occurrence of the parameter, instead of having "if" with a substitution call in the then-part and another in the else-part.--Patrick 12:41, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks. I removed "it does not seem possible".--Patrick 13:29, 25 April 2007 (UTC)
Expansion limit is to be replaced by "preprocessor node count": .
Notice also that there is an ongoing discussion on parser development. 
- It can be created using Template:subst containing "
Except, on the English Wikipedia, that template contains something different, making this documentation wrong for there. I barely understand this page enough as it is, so I'm not going to edit it myself, but someone needs to do something about that. -- Hex (talk) 09:52, 24 September 2012 (UTC)
- Also, I might as well add that this page is excruciatingly poorly-written and difficult to understand. -- Hex (talk) 09:55, 24 September 2012 (UTC)
- This is an advanced topic. The reader is supposed to understand that the template name is an example.--Patrick (talk) 14:42, 24 September 2012 (UTC)