About this event
In conjunction with the Institute of Cultural Inquiry's participation in LA Art Book Fair 2014, we hope to concentrate this editing session on artists, scholars and other visualists who have contributed to the artist book form. Borrow names from our own list or bring your own. You’ll have access to the 3000+ books in our library to help you in your task, not to mention the minds and experience of everyone in the room.
When and where
- Date: Saturday, February 22, 2014 from 12-5 pm
- Venue: Institute of Cultural Inquiry, 1512 S. Robertson Blvd., Los Angeles, CA
- Cost: Free
- Participants: No Wikipedia editing experience is necessary; in fact, we especially encourage you to come if you are new to Wikipedia and want to try it out. Associate Antoinette LaFarge will give a brief tutorial about Wiki editing at 12:30 pm, and we will be providing help throughout the afternoon. The ICI will provide drinks and snacks to sweeten the afternoon's task.
- What to bring: Please bring your own laptop and power cord if you have one but don't stay away if you don't. We have a small number of computers for attendees to use.
- RSVP by signing your username below! If you are unfamiliar with Wikipedia, you might try this training module which will help explain a lot of things, including how to add your signature. You can also RSVP by emailing email@example.com.
Who we are
The Institute of Cultural Inquiry (ICI) is a small artist-run non-profit organization focused on ‘visual technologies’ and how they are used to document, imagine, remember and conceal what we call ‘culture.’ The Institute sponsors research, displays, symposia, workshops, performances, residencies, and tactical interventions. It maintains an active publishing program through the ICI Press.