|Leeds 2||15 March|
|Oxford 14||16 March|
|Manchester 22||23 March|
|Coventry 9||30 March|
|London 80||13 April|
|London 79||9 March|
|Costa Rica 1||3 March|
|Liverpool 10||23 February|
|Hong Kong 86||22 February|
|Oxford 13||16 February|
|Cambridge 21||15 February|
|Manchester 21||26 January|
|Swansea 1||26 January|
|Chester 2||7 December|
|Glasgow 3||1 December|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 8th May — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our forty-fifth meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- James F. (talk) 21:35, 18 April 2011 (UTC)
- Fæ 22:07, 18 April 2011 (UTC)
- Gordo (fashionably late, as ever)
- Johnbod 15:25, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- Hopefullt Thryduulf (en.wikt,en.wp,commons) 02:28, 24 April 2011 (UTC)
- Think I might be able to make it - will be my first time :) WormTT 19:26, 28 April 2011 (UTC)
- I will try and get therePesa123456789 12:52, 3 May 2011 (UTC)
- I'll try - Phoniker
- Maybe - depends on the weather. Andrew Davidson 09:08, 6 May 2011 (UTC)
- Probably/Maybe - AdamBMorgan 21:40, 7 May 2011 (UTC)
- Tom Morris
- Natkabrown 08:06, 8 May 2011 (UTC)
- Leutha (The Editor formally known as Harryp Potter)
- Iñaki LL, will attend, see you there (firstimer!). Iñaki LL
Informal chitchat with no set agenda. We usually have some experienced users and some laptops around so if you want a ten minute lesson in creating tables doing history merges or you just have a question on copyright this is a good venue (but please don't start discussions on copyright until enough people have arrived for a non-copyright conversation to run in parallel).
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them below.
- I would like to gather feedback and interest for GLAMcamp London on 21st June 2011. The main objective of the event being to share experience from GLAMcamp NYC and discuss related plans supported by WMUK. FYI, the newly formed GLAM task force will be meeting up at 2pm for an hour or so (in parallel with the main meetup) to talk through plans for the next 12 weeks, anyone is welcome to listen in but it might be better to avoid opening up the discussion until we have covered the basics. --Fæ 14:30, 6 May 2011 (UTC)
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia or any other topics we fancy.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not look for a laptop logged into Wikipedia, or with a Wikimedia logo on it.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles) and St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles).
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub may be found on the left-hand side.