|London 91||8 March|
|Cambridge 26||14 March|
|Oxford 26||15 March|
|Dublin 1||20 March|
|Pittsburgh 1||3 April|
|Manchester 27||22 February|
|Cardiff 4||22 February|
|Oxford 25||15 February|
|London 90||8 February|
|Project Day Brussels||4 February|
|Glasgow 5||1 February|
|Liverpool 14||25 January|
|Cambridge 25||24 January|
|Hong Kong 94||16 January|
|London Wikidata 2||7 January|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 13th November 2011 — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our fifty-first meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- James F. (talk) 07:34, 20 August 2011 (UTC)
- Likely. CT Cooper · talk 10:10, 20 August 2011 (UTC)
- WereSpielChequers 08:08, 21 August 2011 (UTC)
- Definitely. And this is two days after my birthday! :P (For those who don't know, I'm the Vice-President of Wikimedia Philippines.) --Sky Harbor (talk) 08:00, 5 October 2011 (UTC)
- WJBscribe (talk)
- Okeyes (WMF) (Community Liason, Product Development, Wikimedia Foundation)
- Sue Gardner Wikimedia Foundation, Executive Director
- James Owen 00:03, 25 October 2011 (UTC) Wikimedia Foundation, Assistant to Sue Gardner
- Geoff Brighman, Wikimedia Foundation, General Counsel
- Maryana (WMF) 20:09, 31 October 2011 (UTC) Wikimedia Foundation, Community Organizer
- Both myself and Panyd (talk · contribs) will be attending. Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry 21:13, 26 October 2011 (UTC)
- Johnbod 23:45, 26 October 2011 (UTC)
- HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts?
- Marek.69 talk 03:03, 28 October 2011 (UTC)
- Jseddon (WMF) 03:35, 30 October 2011 (UTC)
- Discott 09:46, 2 November 2011 (UTC)
- Probably.Geni 16:29, 4 November 2011 (UTC)
- Fæ WM-UK trustee
- The Land 18:37, 5 November 2011 (UTC) - Wikimedia UK trustee and fundraising lead (unless chained to a computer dealing with fundraiser)
- RHaworth 23:51, 5 November 2011 (UTC)
- I hope to :) Natkabrown 08:04, 6 November 2011 (UTC)
- --DhavalTalk 13:57, 6 November 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, I will be there --ErrantX 16:53, 6 November 2011 (UTC)
- Pcoombe (WMF) 14:03, 7 November 2011 (UTC) Wikimedia Foundation, Fundraiser Production Coordinator
- woo! --EdSaperia 15:21, 7 November 2011 (UTC)
- If I'm not too hungover from Woking Beer Festival and a friend's birthday drinks — OwenBlacker (Talk) 17:18, 7 November 2011 (UTC)
- Probably. AdamBMorgan 21:43, 8 November 2011 (UTC)
- Planning to. --JN466 23:30, 8 November 2011 (UTC)
- Might actually make it for a change! WormTT 13:27, 9 November 2011 (UTC)
- Yes Peter Damian 22:40, 9 November 2011 (UTC)
- With such an intriguing cast of characters I could scarcely resist... Skomorokh 15:32, 11 November 2011 (UTC)
- Filceolaire 22:33, 12 November 2011 (UTC)
- Jseddon (WMF) 06:31, 13 November 2011 (UTC) Wikimedia Foundation, Fundraiser Production Coordinator
- Harry Wood - wow. big event! Think I'll head over there! (last minute sign up)
- Attended, forgot to sign up beforehand! Deryck C. 18:44, 13 November 2011 (UTC)
After the London 51 meetup on 13 November 2011, Sue Gardner will be making a presentation entitled 'Participation of Female Editors on Wikipedia and its Sister Projects' . This will take place at Imperial College London, from 18:30 - 20:00. All Wikipedians are welcome and encouraged to attend. For further details see Sue Gardner at Imperial College London
- Seven stops westbound on the Piccadilly line from where we are near Holborn station. Chunks of the District line are closed this weekend, as is the entire Circle line. WilliamH 04:20, 5 November 2011 (UTC)
- so is there a worthwhile pub anywhere near the college?Geni 23:33, 8 November 2011 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda. We usually have some experienced users and some laptops around so if you want a ten minute lesson in creating tables doing history merges or you just have a question on copyright this is a good venue (but please don't start discussions on copyright until enough people have arrived for a non-copyright conversation to run in parallel).
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them below.
- Open source textbooks, how can we encourage teachers to make more of them?
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia or any other topics we fancy.
- Chat about the volunteer meetup
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles) and St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles).
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.