|Oxford 11||15 December|
|London 76||8 December|
|Chester 2||7 December|
|Glasgow 3||1 December|
|Belfast 1||23 November|
|Oxford 10||17 November|
|Cambridge 20||9 November|
|Dhaka 15||1 November|
|Cardiff 2||1 November|
|Edinburgh 4||27 October|
|Manchester 20||20 October|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 15th January 2012 — 13:00 onwards
Note: Third Sunday, not second, to mark Wikipedia Day
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our fifty-third meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- James F. (talk) 22:36, 29 November 2011 (UTC)
- Panyd and Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry 02:09, 30 November 2011 (UTC)
- WereSpielChequers 11:59, 30 November 2011 (UTC)
- Fingers crossed. Sorry I didn't make the December one. Thryduulf (en.wikt,en.wp,commons) 18:47, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
- Okeyes (WMF) 17:12, 22 December 2011 (UTC) - will be hopefully dragging along some newbs from external orgs, so be nice to them :).
- bobrayner: Maybe, depending on work commitments &c.
- Leutha 20:37, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
- Mrjohncummings 22:39, 1 January 2012 (UTC)
- Fæ WMUK trustee.
- I very much hope so Natkabrown 20:05, 4 January 2012 (UTC) Happy New Year to everyone! I sing "We Wish You a Merry Christmass in Russian" :)
- Of course. —Tom Morris (talk) 16:37, 10 January 2012 (UTC)
- Philafrenzy 19:37, 14 January 2012 (UTC)
- Johnbod 04:38, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
- EdSaperia 11:31, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
- The Land 18:00, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda. We usually have some experienced users and some laptops around so if you want a ten minute lesson in creating tables doing history merges or you just have a question on copyright this is a good venue (but please don't start discussions on copyright until enough people have arrived for a non-copyright conversation to run in parallel).
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them below.
- Today is Wikipedia's 11th birthday!
- Wikimania 2013 and the proposed UK bids: London vs. Bristol. CT Cooper · talk 20:43, 11 January 2012 (UTC)
About the meet up
A social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts, where we...
- Drink coffee and/or beer and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so hopefully younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not a requirement!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us - we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not look for a laptop logged into Wikipedia, or with a Wikimedia logo on it.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn Tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles).
The pub is just over a mile walk from St Pancras railway station.
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus (1, 59, 68, 171, 188, 243 or 521) than tube. Routes 8, 25 and 242 stop outside the pub.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub may be found on the left-hand side.