|Cambridge 24||8 November|
|London 87||9 November|
|English South Coast 1||23 November|
|Oxford 21||19 October|
|Chester 3||18 October|
|Hong Kong 92||17 October|
|London 86||12 October|
|Edinburgh 7||28 September|
|Manchester 25||27 September|
|Cambridge 23||20 September|
|Portsmouth 2||31 August|
|Liverpool 13||23 August|
|Glasgow 4||26 July|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 12th January 2014 — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our seventy-seventh meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- Thryduulf (en.wikt,en.wp,commons) 16:40, 18 December 2013 (UTC)
- Philafrenzy (talk) 00:37, 19 December 2013 (UTC)
- Edwardx (talk) 09:42, 30 December 2013 (UTC)
- Leutha (talk) I should make it
- CT Cooper · talk 22:18, 4 January 2014 (UTC)
- AdamBMorgan (talk) 17:19, 8 January 2014 (UTC) despite the curse of something always going wrong whenever I sign in here, I should be there as usual
- EdSaperia (talk) 14:18, 10 January 2014 (UTC) I'll be there to talk about http://www.wikimanialondon.org
- Andrew Davidson (talk) 14:35, 12 January 2014 (UTC) Looked in already but popped out for some dim sum.
May be attending
- Gordo (talk) 20:35, 24 November 2013 (UTC)
- Emkay (talk) 15:11, 12 January 2014 (UTC) Not able to make it this time, but keen to get involved in near future
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia or any other topics we fancy.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles) and St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles). Note that Chancery Lane station will be closed for station upgrade work on 14 September.
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.