|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in April 2004, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion or the archives index.|
Un pot pour l'ouverture de la tour 
Ouverture : j'offre une tournée de bière ce soir :-)
(et avant d'être trop saoule, je traduirais le petit message du dessus). Bonne journée
Recipee for sore throat for JeLuf
Anthere: lemon boiling water rhum gingembre
Anthere: drink it in the evening especially
Anthere: then rush to bed, and put a good night on it :-)
Anthere: for a kid, I remove the rhum, add kisses and sweets
Anthere: and drink herbal tea with thym, that is a desinfector
Building Meta-Wikimedia 
Just a note that I plan to localize meta's Language.php file this weekend. When that is installed "Meta-Wikimedia" will be an active namespace, "Meta-Wikimedia" will replace "Wikipedia" everywhere in the interface, "Current events" in the sidebar will become "Wikimedia News", and "Bug reports" will become "Contact us". Later, Meta-Wikimedia will be moved to http://meta.wikimedia.org/. I hope that with a little bit of work we can make meta more useful. Please use this as an oportunity to discuss what you want Meta-Wikimedia to be (expanding on what the Main Page says it is and keeping in mind what Jimbo says that it isn't at Meta-Wikimedia:About). Babel away Wikimedians! --Maveric149 06:40, 20 Nov 2003 (UTC)
Sama suomeksi (quick impressionistic translation), Meta Wiki-median rakentaminen.
Huomautan vain että aion lokalisoida metan Language.php failin tänä viikonloppuna. Kun se on installoitu "Meta-Wikimedia tulee olemaan aktiivinen nimiavaruus, Meta-Wikimedia tulee korvaamaan "wikipedian" kaikkialla käyttöliittymässä, ja "current Events" sivulaudassa muuttuu "Wikimedia Newsiksi". Myöhemmin Meta-Wikimedia siirretään osoitteeseen http://meta.wikimedia.org/. toivon että hiukan ahkeroiden voimme tehdä metan hyödyllisemmäksi. Olkaa hyvät ja käyttäkää tätä tilaisuutena keskustella siitä mitä haluatte Meta-Wikimedian olevan. (Laventaen sen mitä Pääsivu sanoo sen olevan ja pitäen mielessä mitä Jimbo sano että se ei ole failissa Meta-Wikimedia:About). Babeloikaa pois vaan Wikimediaanit! --Maveric149
În limba română (traducere mai rapidă) - In Romanian
Numai o notă că Maveric149 are planuri să localizeze fila Language.php în weekend-ul acesta. Când acesta este instalat, va inlocui numele Meta-Wikipedia cu "Meta-Wikimedia" în toate circumstanţele. "Evenimente currente" (Current events) va fi transformat în "Wikimedia News" (Ştiri Wikimedia), şi "Raportare probleme" (Bug reports) va devenii "Contact us" (Contactează-ne). Mai târziu, Meta-Wikimedia va fi mutată la adresa http://meta.wikimedia.org/. Sperăm ca mişcarea asta va face Meta-Wikimedia mai folositoare. Vă rugăm să folosiţi oportunitatea asta să discutaţi ce vreţi noua Meta-Wikimedie să fie. -- Ronline, 21 Nov 2003
Ahem, where are the files for mailing-lists? 
Hokay. The actual reason I supported creating this page is that I would like to tweak a particular language specific message file on the interface to the Finnish mailing list which is particularly clumsily phrased (and that is putting it *extremely* nicely). I have found the files that a list moderator/administrator can adjust freely. But the particularly (almost offensively) silly phrasing is ona a file that is not within the files which can be brought to easily edit by a list administrator...
To be honest, I was nastily suprised to be appointed a maintainer of the list in the first place. When I expressed the will of several finnish contributors, I hoped (perhaps naively) that the list would be created, the interface would be in English, and I would not have to do anything about it, besides from sending silly or sensible messages to it. I honestly thought that someone trusted by the English Establishment would have to shoulder all the consequent complaints.
Well, (in retrospect) I guess I asked for it, no matter what I thought at the time. So, Is there a way to adjust the messages on mailing-list related stuff which is not among the easily adjusted stuff? Am I making myself clear? Do I need to clarify? -- Cimon Avaro on a pogo stick
- Yes, specifying which file you're talking about would help a lot! :) --Brion VIBBER 11:56, 21 Nov 2003 (UTC)
- Well, ahem, I wouldn't be asking, if I knew what the file was. On the subscription pages of some other lists, the file (whatever it is) would appear to contain the following text:
Subscribe to WikiEN-l by filling out the following form. You will be sent email requesting confirmation, to prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you. This is a private list, which means that the list of members is not available to non-members.
- The corresponding message on the subscription page of the Finnish mailing list appears to suggest that members of the list will not put out to non-members. I may have misunderstood the Wikimedia concept, but frankly, I never took it for a dating agency! -- Cimon Avaro on a pogo stick 14:54, 24 Nov 2003 (UTC)
- Well, now that I know what you're talking about I can look up the file! :) That's in the interface message translations for GNU mailman. We seem to have the most recent version thereof; see mailman's CVS archive. If you have a correction I'll be happy to locally patch our version, and you should contact the maintainer as well. --Brion VIBBER 23:59, 26 Nov 2003 (UTC)
- Perhaps when you see the amount of trash the ml receive, and you receive daily as the maintainer of the list, will you change your mind. The more list of members is hidden, the best. Btw, you can set the interface in the language you are most familiar with. ant
PDF files in French for help 
Hello, Treanna has made PDF files with the help pages on fr: (how to edit a page, etc). See http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utilisateur:Treanna/Aides_%E0_t%E9l%E9charger Hope it will interest some one. --Youssefsan 13:15, 6 Dec 2003 (UTC)
Os portugueses gostam de falar sobre tudo, mas sobretudo gostam de falar. Parabéns sobre tudo. Cheguei aqui numa busca yahoo com a palavra ressurgence. Não custou nada e gostei.
External book sources 
Proposal: New Namespace for MediaWiki User's Guide 
Since MediaWiki User's Guide is incredibly long to type I want to propose changing the namespace into a simple "Manual" (alternative "Doc"). This would make refering to manual pages much easier. --elian
- First it ain't a namespace, second it is about MediaWiki so that name will have to be in there somewhere. But please do make redirects to make linking easier. --Maveric149 01:14, 24 Dec 2003 (UTC)
- No, I'm with elian on this one, it's a hopeless mouthful. And what else is it going to be the manual for, other than MediaWiki? As for it not being a real namespace, wouldn't we be better off using subpages rather than a meta namespace anyway? (For instance, it would provide automatic backlinks to the index of the user guide at the top of each page). - IMSoP 02:19, 4 Apr 2004 (UTC)
- The user guide will be ported over to the help:namespace as soon as it is created. --mav