|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in August 2009, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion or the archives index.|
Late announcement election 
I received an email on the 8 of august, that I could participate in the election. By the time I had the time available to research for whom I would vote, the closing date 10/8/2009 is already passed. I find this a bit ridiculous.
Smiley.toerist 18:35, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
- Notices were posted on wikis back in mid-July (see #Election Notice for one of the notices) and put at the top of all the projects. The email was very much a last-minute attempt to get a few more votes. Perhaps in next year's election a "you're eligible" email should go out earlier into the voting process, rather than at the end; some people will ignore on-wiki notices (either because they don't see them while they're active or they're just inactive) but respond to off-wiki communication. EVula // talk // ☯ // 18:50, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
Srebrenica massacre battlebox 
I'm a sysop of Japanese wikipedia. In Japanese wikipedia, a guy named Volykhov tries to add battle infobox on the article of Srebrenica massacre. The infobox is generated by machine translator and what it refers are not reliable. I saw this user is doing same thing on many different wikipedias (Spanish, Finnish, Italian, Norwaigian, Dutch, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovenia, Swedish). I will try to make consensus to block him from Japanese wikipedia, however it is obvious that he will continue to do the same thing on other wikipedias.--Peccafly 03:00, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
- I'm also a sysop (on the Norwegian wikipedia) and I've also been involved in reverting the "Norwegian" version of the infobox a couple of times. I've also tried, unsuccessfully to estabish contact with Volykhov. Since the info box is blatant POV it should be reverted wikiwide, perhaps with a short note on respective talk pages. Combinded with a wikivide ban.
- Volykhov might be a sockpuppet, or the puppeteer of Akimow, a user with a similar editpattern and pushing the same infobox, compare fr:Discussion:Massacre_de_Srebrenica#Conflit_militaire and no:Diskusjon:Srebrenica-massakren#Mot_forfalskning_for_historie. Profoss 03:52, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
Hi, this is ecemaml, sysop in the Spanish wikipedia. Same patterns as those described by you. As the user kept on inserting it in spite of the many time I tried to contact him, he was eventually blocked. —Ecemaml 07:54, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for your comments. I guess VOlykhov's purpose is to underrate the damage on Muslim side, as well as to describe that the incident was a "battle" rather than a "attack on civillians". I think this user should be banned wiki-wide, & we also need to care about his activities on other wikipedias. I now posted comments on the Swedish article to give us some comments. --Peccafly 06:41, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
- The account has not been used on Swedish Wikipedia since beginning of July, and so we will probably not do anything about it. If Volykhov continues to make the same addition the account will probably be blocked. /NH 23:32, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
- Apperently he's changing focus, to the recent war in Georgia. He has added references to pro russian sources on both Norwegian and Dutch wikipedias (the only two I checked). Sounds like a typical machine translating POV-pusher. Profoss 08:44, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
- Same thing append on french Wikipedia. I reverted the user two times. it is totally unacceptable POV to present this massacre as a battle. The user did not try to discuss. Tieum512 07:50, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
- I have requested for ban this user from Japanese wikipedia here (ja:Wikipedia:投稿ブロック依頼/Volykhov). I will inform when he is blocked from our wikipedia, I think then we should go on to request global ban.--Peccafly 16:32, 25 August 2009 (UTC)