Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat/Archives/2009-11
|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in November 2009, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion or the archives index.|
Bureaucrat required 
- Resolved by Sj (talk • contribs) — Request closed, bot flag granted. —Dferg (disputatio) 22:45, 16 November 2009 (UTC)
MS Wiki request help 
We have one vandal from UK IP that keep registering as new user and do vandalism. We have request IP ID to block him 3-4 times, but he keep changing his IP Steward requests/Checkuser . I cannot afford to keep undo his vandal as he strike at any time, when the SYSOP is not active.
Would like to seek assistant from someone with check user to monitor MS Wiki and block the vandal IP whenever he strike. Sorry if this is the wrong pages. Yosri 23:26, 12 November 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry, this is the place to request admin or 'crat help. It is true that some of them are also stewards but they have their own pages. If you need CheckUser information please reopen the query on Steward requests/Checkuser and a Steward will look on it soon. Thank you.
- —Dferg (disputatio) 22:00, 15 November 2009 (UTC)
- Done - Changed the mediawiki page and unprotected the other page. Huib talk 21:26, 15 November 2009 (UTC)
Checking User Uusijani 
I hope I'm right here. Could any sysop or bureaucrat check the user Uusijani? Seems that this is a vandalist who creates empty user pages in many Wikipedias and the only contents of those user pages is a long list of interwikis. See e.g. Upper Sorbian Wikipedia and Lower Sorbian Wikipedia. Thanks in advance. --Michawiki 22:26, 16 November 2009 (UTC)
- Hello Michawiki. I'm sorry to say that this is not the page you are looking for. If you need CheckUser information on a wiki whithout CheckUsers you should ask on Steward requests/Checkuser (read the instructions at the top of the page) and then a steward will check the accounts if there is a reason to do so according to the evidences given and the CheckUser policy. Thank you, —Dferg (disputatio) 22:42, 16 November 2009 (UTC)