Mitgliederversammlung 2010/A 6/Payments to the chairman - chairman’s substitute in 2008/2009
Topic: Payments to the chairman / chairman’s substitute in 2008/2009
Resolution: The General Assembly decides to legally examine the payments made to the chairman in 2008 and to the chairman’s substitute from March 2009 onwards.
Reasons: According to the statutes of our association the members of the board should work free of charge unless an expense allowance is granted for individual board member tasks according to the statutes of our association. (Such an expense allowance is subject to the German Income Tax Act).
During the General Assembly in 2009 it has been reported that Sebastian Moleski has received substantial payments.
- The members of the association have not been informed of whether these payments go along with association statutes and guidelines. Without a detailed examination a statement of whether the payments received are legitimate or not is not possible.
- The board is therefore requested to present a report of an expert’s legal opinion of whether these payments are correct or not. In order to avoid any bias, the legal expert should not have been active for the association or for former and current board members before.
- Such a report has to be presented to the members of the association until 30th June 2010.
- The report should clarify the following aspects in particular:
- Do written contracts about payments to board members exist?
- Who signed the contract on behalf of the association?
- Who reviewed and signed the correct payment and account statements?
- Who carried out the bank transfers?
- On which accounts have the costs been booked?
- Do any claims for the association exist?