- Hmm, you can tap anywhere else on the map to close the bubble. I'd suppose getting rid of the (x) is the best idea.
When I tap on a bubble in the Nearby screen to load the full article, the screen flashes to whatever article I was on previously momentarily then starts loading the new article. It's odd when I'm looking at nearby related articles to be looking at the popup for, say Chez Panisse and tap it, but flash up the article for the Cheese Board momentarily - it makes me think I missed the target (since they're nearby). The blank white screen that popped up before wasn't good either, but I think this might be worse. Can we just have a 'loading' screen or something instead of either the full blank or the previous article? Bhartshorne (talk) 00:47, 8 March 2012 (UTC)
- Hmm, not sure what is the best way to go about this. Don't know if showing a modal dialog is a good idea. Let me poke our UX folks about this Yuvipanda (talk) 21:25, 9 March 2012 (UTC)
I'm on a G3 iPhone. Here are the problems I found in order of severity:
- After expanding a section of an article, the app seems to become confused about where the bottom of the page is and if I scroll beyond a certain point in the article it snaps back to the false "end" point (usually a random spot in the middle of the article). I imagine this is because the app thinks the page is still the same height as it was before the content was expanded. This makes the app unusable for reading articles.
- The page scrolling is very jumpy. This makes it pretty useless for reading long articles as you can't keep track of what line you were on when you scroll. This problem would actually keep me from using this app. Text scrolling is completely smooth in all my other apps and when reading Wikipedia in Mobile Safari (or the old Wikipedia Mobile app).
- After you choose a page to go to from the search results, it doesn't automatically dismiss the keyboard.
- The text of the license disclaimer at the bottom is in the exact same font and style as the article text, so it looks like it's part of the article.
- There's a broken image after "Tiles Courtesy of MapQuest" in the Nearby interface.
The Saved Pages menu title is not translated in Italian (don't know whether it is a i18n miss or a bug) and all the saved pages related alerts and confirms like "Delete X saved page?" or "X saved." or "Delete all saved pages?" have "index.html" as title. Finally, I am not experienced in icon art, but the iOS icon feels like it would need some anti-alias love. --FiloSottile (talk) 16:29, 12 March 2012 (UTC)
- Ah yes, bug. On it!
External links in the copyright footer notice are not working (it.wiki), while the internal (Wikipedia:Copyright) one and the externals in the page work. --FiloSottile
- On it. Thanks for the reports!