|Movement Roles — Index|
The movement roles project aims to clarify the roles and responsibilities of different groups working to support the international Wikimedia movement. These pages are developing recommendations to improve Wikimedia as a global network of organizations.
The idea was proposed at the chapters meeting 2010 and approved by the Board in the same year. See the movement roles history for more details.
- Wikimedia affiliation models Board resolution March 2012
- Organizational best practices (former "Accountability standards") Board resolution April 2012
Other recommendations under consideration for the Foundation
- Create a Global Requests Committee to resolve difficult cross-project requests and issues
- Define good committee standards for committee chairs and workgroups.
- Prioritize better communication outside of English
Recommendations under consideration for the community
- Create a Chapter Council to reach consensus and resolve disputes among Chapters.
- Create a process to review new and old ideas for content projects
- Create the role of "Language Contact Person" for each language, improving on old Embassy and translator models.