This Wikimedia Participation Support request was funded in the fiscal year 2011-12. A report is available.
- User name
- Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton(on br.wikimedia), R.T.Argenton (here)
- User location (country)
- Event name
- Cultura Digital BR: International Festival of Digital Culture, 3rd edition
- Event Web site
- Event date(s)
- Event location (city)
- Rio de Janeiro
- Amount requested (remember to specify currency!)
- R$1300 ~ USD 740
- CasteloBrancomsg 23:05, 18 November 2011 (UTC) (volunteer, Wikimedia Brasil) Argenton is one of the most active members in our group and i think he can help us to create important partnerships during such events. Strong support.
- Pietro Roveri 13:31, 24 November 2011 (UTC)
- 13:32, 24 November 2011 (UTC) Strong support.
Budget breakdown 
- Travel: R$600 flight CGH-SDU
- Round trip São Paulo to Rio de Janeiro economy class ticket
- Accomodation: R$155 per night x 4 nights = R$620
- The event will occur in summer, and in Rio de Janeiro, it is hard to get places. The above price is the daily Formula One Hotel, which allows walk to the venue and is a popular cheap hotel. On the date of the event is very hard to find a hostel with vacancy.
- Local mobility: R$80
- Trips to and from the airport. Taxi in Brazil is really expensive, and there is no public transport exiting the airport, this value is lower that the real spending on transport.
Proposed Participation 
About the event 
"This is the largest and most significant meeting of digital culture activists, artist, educators and researchers in Brazil. The organizers are enthusiastic about Wikimedia and friends with our community.
One of the major groups participating in this meeting are managers of Culture Spots, which are culture centers spread throughout the country with a commitment to sharing and collaboration practices, established during our previous government, and which are currently facing harder times. This is a humongous opportunity to spread the principles and practices of the Wikimedia Movement, both by inviting them to use and improve our knowledge resources and also by offering support through the WMF Grant's program, which would substantiate and strengthen their commitment to free knowledge and open collaboration."
About me 
I am a volunteer of the Wikimedia movement since 2006. Participate actively in the Wikimedia Brazil since the beginning. (2008). In content projects I'm a trusted user in the Wikimedia Commons, I've been an active editor of Wikipedia, Wikibooks, and Wikinews. In background projects, I am OTRS volunteer, sysop of Strategic Planning and help in translations where necessary, both in the Meta, as in other smaller projects.
I have personal interests in education, I strongly believe the objective of the Wikimedia Movement, the main reason of my contributions and I believe that education is a priority.
About me at the event 
The main focus is partnerships, I will devote much of my time going after these contacts, then one of the intentions is to identify potential partners, and talk with old partners for new activities.
I will bring, at least, three teachers to participate in activities aimed at Wikipedia Offline. Getting a partner to give in the space for the realization of Iberocop in Rio. I will initiate dialogue to introduce the Wikimedia Movement in the agenda of activities they will perform with at least five partners or to receive financial support in the activities planned for 2012.
I hope to get a stand at event to promote the Movement, so we need to grant approval for more than a volunteer application and approval of the allowance made by Solstag. That we can promote our educational materials, we can announce the Lusophone Wikipedia Offline, to be launched in April 2012 as one possbile implementation in schools, cultural centers, libraries ...
It is also important to capture the penetration of the Wikimedia Movement in that audience, for this we can do some interviews, as we did in other events (example). These interviews are also important to capture ideas from the outside that we improve ourselves.
Goal and Expected Impact 
I hope we can contact many people who may be interested in and Wikimedia Movement in the near future can contribute actively. I also hope to catalyze the Wikimedia educational projects in Brazil, since the event has many educators and students, potential contributors.
And we can awaken an interest in volunteering for the event in Rio de Janeiro.
And attract new volunteers to the Brazilian chapter, bring in new partners, promote our values and listen to new ideas.