Proposals for closing projects/Closure of Shona Wikipedia
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
In my opinion the Shona Wikipedia should be close. It has only stubs , and the Main Page. very few activity. send to incubator.
Support closure 
Oppose closure 
- Oppose there are some non-stub articles which merit this Wikipedia's existence. (This vote was originally added by Prince Kassad at 4:52, 18 July 2008 (UTC).)
- Oppose Malangali 07:39, 30 July 2008 (UTC) Closing a project like this does tremendous harm to the efforts many people are making to kick-start IT development in African languages. Having the Wikipedia in place is important so that we can demonstrate the potential and bring people into the process of localization and Africanization. Furthermore, anonymous unsigned proposals to close projects, such as this, should be deleted, not debated.
- Oppose --A12n 12:25, 30 July 2008 (UTC) Agree with the above on all points. Also suggest that a new approach is needed for African language projects.
- Oppose Oliver Stegen 12:47, 30 July 2008 (UTC) For all the above reasons. Also, this is a major language in Zimbabwe. Finally, since when can an anonymous user (who showed up only on a single day, viz July 18) propose the closure of all kinds of small language wikipedias? He should be blocked and his proposals deleted!
- Oppose Proposals like this are detrimental to goal of getting more African languages involved in the Wikipediæ. Maybe reconsider in few years. --Purodha Blissenbach 18:22, 4 September 2008 (UTC)