The result of the following proposal for closing a WMF project is to CLOSE the project. Please, do not modify this page.
The following discussion is closed: Bug filed.
I propose the closure of Sindhi Wikinews.
It is obviously a non-viable project. The last news items are from December 2006 (!), since then this wiki is clinically dead, with no activity at all. As a Wikinews project depends on activity, which has been missing now for four years, I suggest that this project be closed. -- Prince Kassad 13:17, 3 March 2010 (UTC)
- Close per nom. I agree, Wikinewses work only if there are regulars who actively contribute to the wiki. Pmlineditor ∞ 13:19, 3 March 2010 (UTC)
- Close per nom and above. (Also IMO, news should be something recent, not anything more than three years ago. That would make it WikiHistory.) —§ stay (sic)! 19:01, 3 March 2010 (UTC)
- Support -FASTILY (TALK) 05:19, 14 May 2010 (UTC)
- Support -Usually I oppose closing projects, but since the items are very out of date, it must be closed and put back into the incubator. Kanzler31 21:33, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
- Support No activity. For a Wikinews the amount of contents isn't relevant when there's no activity. News is recent, there is no recent news, so this Wikinews is more like a historical site.. --OosWesThoesBes 08:43, 11 August 2010 (UTC)
- Support --Xqt 05:56, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
- Support closing this project. There's been no content creation in the last 30 days. I respect the oppose comments which say there should be a Sindhi Wikinews. Unfortunately, we don't have a real Wikinews to offer them -- just a pretend Wikienws with zero active content builders. Unlike other Wikimedia projects, to be viable a Wikinews needs significant daily additions of useful content; it doesn't lend themselves to the slow accretion of information like other kinds of Wikimedia projects We can always restart this project when someone steps forward who will actually start adding daily content. In the meantime, this project is just wasting others' time on cleanup. --A. B. (talk)
- strong Oppose ; This wiki has an activity, certainly irregular, but an activity. And the wikinews counts 744 articles. It is classed just after arabic WN, and has no reason to be closed. Let it a chance. --Jagwar 交談 homewiki 17:48, 19 April 2010 (UTC)
- Oppose --Sarvaturi 08:10, 27 June 2010 (UTC) Low activity, even if irregular is a good thing. Did you inform the wikipedian comunity at sd.wikipedia.org?
- Oppose Everything's ok--Andrijko Z. 18:16, 27 August 2010 (UTC)
Has the local community been informed)? Kanzler31 04:03, 2 September 2010 (UTC)
- OK, finally I have informed the community. Kanzler31 19:35, 31 October 2010 (UTC)