From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
With 478 Users and 6 temp admins the wikiquote is slow growing, 2100 articles exists. In the moment there are no big problems but it will take time to get new users -- MichaelDiederich 10:56, 21 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- With around 100 users and 100 articles, the Wikiquote is slow growing.
- Major important policies were proposed and drafted:
- Policy of deletion, undeletion, protect and blocking were drafted. As of February 1, 2005 those four policy were in status of "tentative policies"
- Because of its small size, the Japanese Wikiquote community agreed to postpone the final approval of those policies and liked to keep them as "tentative policy". Now there are four phases around policies and guidelines of Wikiquote:
- Genuine draft: each user can make a draft of policy and guideline. On talk, subpages of a project document "Organisation of policies", or somewhere. Sysops may not apply a policy draft in this stage to actual cases.
- Published draft: a published and already discussed draft. If the community approved, it can be applied as a policy tentatively. If users find something wrong, they are strongly recommended to edit the draft directly. Sysops may apply the policy in this stage to actual cases, if the community has already approved its tentative applying but it is not mundatory for them. ("May not" in such policies doesn't here mean the forbidance but recommendation.)
- Tentative policy: A policy which works like an established policy, but lacking a wide approval. Feedbacks and improvement are welcomed. Sysops should follow those policies. Ordinary users are expected to follow those policies but those policy are not mundatory.
- Policy: when Japanese Wikiquote has a population and experiences enough to determine policies, all major policy should be elevated into this stage.