Request for an account on the Foundation wiki
|←Requests and proposals||Request an account on Foundation wiki||Archives (current)→|
Wikimedia Foundation's website (not on any other wiki).
This page is for requesting the creation of a user account on the |
Please note: You do not need an account on the Foundation wiki to help with most translations, and requests for accounts simply to translate will be denied. Translation work is done here on Meta-Wiki so that many people can collaborate and so that pages can be proofread before being published. If you wish to apply to do "WikiGnome work" please first spend time being active on Foundation wiki feedback or other Meta-/Foundation-level projects.Thank you for your interest!
Requesting an account
- Projects where I'm involved: English Wikipedia, MediaWiki.org, Semantic MediaWiki
- E-mail address: nobelxgmail.com
- Reason why I need an account: I was trying to let someone know that the FAQ is out of date and could use some love. Please see phab:T1201. It's a silly reason, but I don't know how else to help. --Ckoerner (talk) 17:07, 16 March 2015 (UTC)
- Ckoerner, Phab seems to say this is done (is that true?) - regardless, thanks for the notice. If you still need an account, let me know. PEarley (WMF) (talk) 16:53, 3 April 2015 (UTC)
- Nope, I'm good now User:PEarley (WMF), thanks for checking in.
- Projects where I'm involved: w:en:User:Resident Mario
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reason why I need an account: I'm a writer at the Signpost and I'd like to create an account because, as fun as it is to parse through various staffers making small changes to their WMF userpages every month, I'd quite like to...not have to do that. To that effect I need an account so I can set up a related-changes tracker for myself and other writes, as I did for instance here on the meta-wiki. Resident Mario (talk) 14:34, 4 April 2015 (UTC)
- While I'm here, @PEarley (WMF):: wmf:Minutes/2015-02-06, under "Strategy update and annual plan" the first word should be "Lila", not "Lile" :). Reading it I was very briefly very confused. ResMar 01:08, 6 April 2015 (UTC)
- Projects where I'm involved: Arabic wiki,[]
- E-mail address: omda4wadygmail.com
- Reason why I need an account: Participating in developing Arabic Wikivoyage. --Omda4wady (talk) 13:07, 9 April 2015 (UTC)
- Omda4wady, great to hear about progress on an Arabic Wikivoyage. What, specifically, would you like to do on the Foundation wiki? PEarley (WMF) (talk) 14:55, 13 April 2015 (UTC)
- PEarley (WMF) , I am interesting in participating WMF activities on MENA region . Thanks Omda4wady (talk) 08:11, 16 April 2015 (UTC)