Request for an account on the Foundation wiki
|←Requests and proposals||Request an account on Foundation wiki||Archives (current)→|
Wikimedia Foundation's website (not on any other wiki).
This page is for requesting the creation of a user account on the |
Please note: You do not need an account on the Foundation wiki to help with most translations, and requests for accounts simply to translate will be denied. Translation work is done here on Meta-Wiki so that many people can collaborate and so that pages can be proofread before being published. If you wish to apply to do "WikiGnome work" please first spend time being active on Foundation wiki feedback or other Meta-/Foundation-level projects.Thank you for your interest!
Requesting an account
- Projects where I'm involved: Administrator at w:en:User:Arbitrarily0, wikt:simple:User:Arbitrarily0
- E-mail address: undoubtedly0gmail.com
- Reason why I need an account: To make adjustments to Foundation pages. I ended up here, for example, since I was considering making a minor improvement to Ways to Give. Thanks, Arbitrarily0 (talk) 17:44, 20 October 2014 (UTC)
- Arbitrarily0, can you let us know specifically what changes you'd like to make there? PEarley (WMF) (talk) 15:11, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
- Sure; merely minor changes. Periods are missing at the ends of sentences under "Legacy gift" and "Matching gifts". Under "Amazon Payments", there is a needlessly difficult sentence which can be condensed by replacing "you may experience extra charges associated with converting a charge into another currency" with "you may encounter currency exchange fees". These are the sort of changes I would sparingly make with a Foundation account. Arbitrarily0 (talk) 21:48, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
- Projects where I'm involved: w:mediawiki.
- E-mail address: 01tonythomasgmail.com
- Reason why I need an account: I volunteer in developing the BounceHandler extension for MediaWiki which is going to install in en-wiki soon. I am passionate about the Wikimedia Community, and of course the foundation. --01tonythomas (talk) 06:12, 31 October 2014 (UTC)
- Projects where I'm involved: wikidata:User:Nicolas ANCEAU, c:User:Nicolas ANCEAU, w:fr:Utilisateur:Nicolas ANCEAU, wiktionary:fr:Utilisateur:Nicolas ANCEAU, s:fr:Utilisateur:Nicolas ANCEAU, n:fr:Utilisateur:Nicolas ANCEAU, w:en:User:Nicolas ANCEAU, w:es:Usuario:Nicolas ANCEAU, w:it:Utente:Nicolas ANCEAU, n:it:Utente:Nicolas ANCEAU, w:lmo:Druvadur:Nicolas ANCEAU, w:de:Benutzer:Nicolas ANCEAU, w:da:Bruger:Nicolas ANCEAU, w:pl:Wikipedysta:Nicolas ANCEAU, w:cs::Wikipedista:Nicolas ANCEAU, w:hu:Szerkesztő:Nicolas ANCEAU, w:sv:Användare:Nicolas ANCEAU, w:ja:利用者:Nicolas ANCEAU.
- E-mail address: n.anceaugmail.com
- Reason why I need an account: I wish advert on fundraising problem.
- Projects where I'm involved: w:en:wikipedia
- E-mail address: abutorsam007gmail.com
- Reason why I need an account: Wikimedia Foundation always inspires me, I am active editor on w:en:User:!dea4u. I wish to be part of it because i can feel it in my blood, the transparency it offers, it empowers me in contributing for knowledge which is made available for whole world free of cost. I believe in making my best effort for achieving the goal of Wikimedia Foundation. Thanks. -- 10:04, 19 November 2014 (UTC)
- Hello , I feel the same way about it :) However, this page is to request access to edit the Foundation's own wiki, which is generally limited to staff and volunteers who want to update specific pages about chapter activities that they are involved in. If you can give me more information about edits you wish to make on the Foundation wiki, I can give you a better answer. Best, PEarley (WMF) (talk) 15:23, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
- I wish to volunteer myself to update chapter activities in my city Indore, I am one of the few wikipedians who are contributing for Wikipedia as you can see at Category:Indore Wikipedians.( 11:25, 23 December 2014 (UTC))
- Nemo, I need to talk to a colleague about this, as I can't do it myself. Will update. PEarley (WMF) (talk) 15:38, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
- Nemo, James has done this for you, but he prefers it to be short-term. Do you see yourself needing this on a long-term basis? Another option is just turning off Torblock for the wiki, which he's open to. PEarley (WMF) (talk) 20:17, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
- To be clear the main reason I want it to be temporary is just that Tor Block shouldn't be enabled imo and I plan to turn it off (probably for all private/fishbowl wikis). I could care less what IP you/anyone is using to edit those wikis, that shouldn't be how we are controlling edits and I have no issue ensuring that doesn't stop you from doing anything. Jalexander--WMF 21:15, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
- Projects where I'm involved: [[www.noosoor.com], Jordan Football Association
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reason why I need an account: want to update pictures of our players with my own photos —The preceding unsigned comment was added by SultanHBK (talk)
- You don't need an account on WMF site for your reasoning. Just go to commons, loin to your current account and start uploading your own images. It's simple. Account on WMF site is given for some specific purpose. Regards! ~ Nahid Talk 19:23, 24 December 2014 (UTC)
- Projects where I'm involved: w:en:link, n:zh:link2, etc.
- E-mail address: rtnsh_dwivediyahoo.com
- Reason why I need an account: I want to contribute for Wiki Projects.. --Ratnesh7 (talk) 07:55, 25 December 2014 (UTC)
- You are in a wrong place. Please go here and find the help pages you need. ~ Nahid Talk 19:06, 25 December 2014 (UTC)
- Projects where I'm involved: ]
- E-mail address: email@example.com
- Reason why I need an account: I need an account to change the profile image of the page i am handling. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Rutusha89 (talk)
- You don't need an account at WMF wiki to add an image on Kashish Singh. Just browse commons then log in with your current username and password and then upload a free photograph of Kashish Singh. After finishing the upload you can add that picture on any Wikimedia project you like. Wikipedia:Picture tutorial and Help:Adding image might be helpful for you. Please note that Account on WMF wiki is assigned for some specific purposes. Regards! ~ Nahid Talk 17:12, 7 January 2015 (UTC)
- Projects where I'm involved: WP:AR , WP:EN , Commons
- E-mail address: ibrahimelaidygmail.com
- Reason why I need an account: I'm sysop on Arabic wikipedia and worked before for translating to Arabic in translate wiki, commons and meta, so I want to translate Policies or any important pages, my activity will not be limited to translation, I will update any info also. I attended Wikimania before and I'm one of the founding board members of Egypt Wikimedians and member in Wikimedia OTRS also --Ibrahim.ID »» 01:54, 12 January 2015 (UTC)
- Projects where I'm involved: I am not involved in any project yet.
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reason why I need an account: I want to create an account so I can be a part of the team. I want to apply for a summer legal intern position and I think this would be a good first step in making that happen. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Wyatt88r (talk)