The following request for comments
is closed. No abuse found.
The purpose of this page is for the community to review and comment on Shizhao's use of steward privileges. Normally I would contact the user myself before doing something like this, but as I have observed previous attempts to do so in a non community wide manner. These comments and their respective notices have been left unanswered. My intention in creating this page is to hopefully extract an answer from Shizhao regarding their actions as a steward. The following is a collection of information that shows disregard for policy and that I would like to see explained.
- Modification of users own rights on the users home wiki
- Unexplained Desysoping on users home wiki
- Adds CheckUser rights to self on home wiki
- preforms check on home wiki
- preforms check on home wiki
- User has in addition a history of home wiki checks
- about 1: I test some new rights group.
- about 2: see Steward requests/Permissions/2008-08#Multiple@zh wikipedia
- about 3, 4, 5, 6: According zh wp sysops many request on Steward requests/Checkuser, IM (skype) and email, temp CU homewiki.
- --Shizhao 05:53, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
- associates ip with user
- also associates ip with user
These are some of the few difs that I gathered that cover recent actions by the user. With a bit of digging, more and more difs can be found. I choose not to gather them all, because I could spend all day gathering specific difs of the users actions. More importantly, I would like an explanation from the user as to why they preformed these actions (as well as other similar a ctions that I have not provided difs for as explained above). I have looked and cannot find an explanation as to why these actions were acceptable. I also ask that the meta and wikimedia community share their thoughts and knowledge with me. I hope that a reasonable explanation can be offered and that I am worrying over nothing, however, that does not appear to be the case. Thank you. Mww113 01:11, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
- IPs of 1 and 2 is anonymous users, Not through CU, received IP --Shizhao 06:03, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
- "but as I have observed previous attempts to do so in a non community wide manner. These comments and their respective notices have been left unanswered. " - As Shizhao lives behind the Great Firewall, and, sorry to say this, Shizhao's command of English is not very good, I would rather give him the benefit of doubt, and I think he does answer if you ask him a specific question on his talk page. He was elected to stewardship years ago and he might not be updated with the latest steward policy, written in English. Hillgentleman 05:38, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
- I have requested the CU, and it is put up after a intensive discussion among most of the atm active zh-wp administrators, almost all administrators agreed with the request. If you like it, I can call every administrator who took part on this discussion to come here and sign this decleration. The two requested cases are very heavy here. The user had manipulated votes of other users. He deleted agree votes of other users or changed them to against, as you can see on the links I provided. I think it is in these both cases absolutely justified to confirm or defy the possibility, that it is the suspied user who made the manipulation.--Wing 06:31, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
- Normally CU requests on one's home wiki should be handed off to another steward. That would be a preferable course of action in the future, but I don't see any abuse here. — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 20:11, 9 December 2008 (UTC)
- I see no knowing and willful violations. Shizhao understands English only in basic level, which is similar to my French skill. Please understand his language skill as well.--Jusjih 22:38, 8 February 2009 (UTC)