||This language has been verified as eligible.
The language is eligible for a project, which means that the subdomain can be created once there is an active community and a localized interface, as described in the language proposal policy. You can discuss the creation of this language project on this page.
Once the criteria are met, the language committee can proceed with the approval and notify the Board of Trustees for a possible veto.
If you think the criteria are met, but the project is still waiting for approval, feel free to notify the committee and ask them to consider its approval.
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
||Example / Explanation
||glk (SIL, Ethnologue)
||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...
||Language name in English
||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...
||AminSanaei (N), varg(N)
You can optionally list your user name if you're a contributor to the wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
||"Wikibooks" in your language
||usually the same as the project name
|Project talk namespace
||"Wikibooks talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)
||Files should be uploaded to Commons, but if you want, you can enable local file uploading.
Notes: (1) files on Commons can be used on all wikis; (2) this setting can be changed afterwards; (3) uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info
); (4) localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons
||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)
|Default project timezone
||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)
||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"
||Anything else that should be set
Arguments in favour 
- Strong support-- we whant to have Gilaki Wikibook.--AminSanaei 09:09, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
- Support - I wholeheartedly support it! --Mirzali 22:26, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
Arguments against 
- Oppose This is one out of 5 proposals for a Gilaki wiki. Though Limburgish has so many proposals too there's a difference. There's no activity and Gilaki does not seem to be ready get for a Wikibooks, a Wikinews, a Wikiquote, a Wiktionary nor a Wikiversity. Maybe this will change in the future but not now. If there's any activity shown, I'll become in favour of this request. --OosWesThoesBes 15:56, 1 March 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose Please make sure the Gilaki Wikipedia is much larger and come back later. --Jeroen 02:10, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose Unfortunately Oppose. --ArttuS 12:52, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support - I support this project! --Erdemaslancan 14:10, 30 October 2011 (CET)
- Oppose Strong oppose, even Gilaki Wikipedia is almost dead. --Z 18:20, 9 May 2012 (UTC)
General discussion 
Hoi, please check out the most used MediaWiki messages, they and all the other MediaWiki messages and the messages of the WMF extensions need to be localised. GerardM 12:56, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
- Localisation is still extremely poor: 3% of the most often used messages, 1% of all core messages translated. Siebrand 17:16, 18 May 2008 (UTC)
This proposal has a page in Incubator.See here.Tosão 13:08, 23 February 2009 (UTC)
Betawiki update 
- Currently 0.92% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.15% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 10:24, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 0.89% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.10% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Localisation of these messages is a requirement before your request is finally assessed. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 11:00, 12 November 2008 (UTC)