||Discuss the creation of this language project on this page. Votes will be ignored when judging the proposal. Please provide arguments or reasons and be prepared to defend them (see the Language proposal policy).
The language committee needs to verify the language is eligible to be approved.
- Check that the project does not already exist (see list).
- Obtain an ISO 639 code
- Ensure the requested language is sufficiently unique that it could not exist on a more general wiki.
- Ensure that there are a sufficient number of native editors of that language to merit an edition in that language.
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
||Example / Explanation
||ml (SIL, Ethnologue)
||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...
||Language name in English
||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...
||"Wikinews" in your language
||usually the same as the project name
|Project talk namespace
||"Wikinews talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)
||Files should be uploaded to Commons, but if you want, you can enable local file uploading.
Notes: (1) files on Commons can be used on all wikis; (2) this setting can be changed afterwards; (3) uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info
); (4) localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons
||File:Wikipedia svg logo-ml.svg
||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)
|Default project timezone
||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)
||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"
||Anything else that should be set
Replace this line with your opening argument in favour of the new project.
Arguments in favour 
- Eventhough Malayalam wiki is one of the most emerging one, it lacking wikinews project --Anilankv (talk) 03:12, 4 June 2011 (UTC)
- There shall be a number of contributors Malayalam Wikinews --Anilankv (talk) 03:12, 4 June 2011 (UTC)
- Strong support--nijil 04:02, 7 October 2011 (UTC)
- Support --Kiran Gopi 05:53, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
- Support --ജിഷിന്.എ.വി. 3:44, 09 December 2011 (UTC)
- Support --Fotokannan 10:04, 10 January 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Tgsurendran 09:52, 12 January 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Ephert (talk) 03:33, 23 September 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Jayadevp13 (talk) 17:25, 15 March 2013 (UTC)
Arguments against 
Other discussion