Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Angika
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Angika Wikipedia 
||This language has been verified as eligible.
The language is eligible for a project, which means that the subdomain can be created once there is an active community and a localized interface, as described in the language proposal policy. You can discuss the creation of this language project on this page. (See an unofficial analysis of this request.)
- Speakers: 740,900 (1997 census). 30 to 40 Million (As per recent Indian References).
- Location(s) spoken: Northern & Eastern Bihar,Jharkhand, West Bengal, India. Also in Nepal.
Arguments in favour 
- 'Support': Natives speakers of Angika have the competency and willingness to contribute to this project in the long-term. Hence the Angika language deserves to be given the opportunity and priviledge to have its own language edition of Wikipedia along with the existing Bihari languages such as Bhojpuri. --Jose77 06:04, 12 September 2010 (UTC)
- Strong Support : This is basically my native language and yes it is spoken by over 40 million people of India , Nepal and across the world. It will certainly inspire all Angika speaking persons of the world to utilize their writing skills to develop an interesting Wikipedia. Samyo 11:11, 13 September 2010 (UTC)
- 'Support': I am native speaker of bhojpuri and i understand angika and i can spek angika of intermediate level. Yes it is spoken in bihar, nepal and other many places so i strongly support this language. Nepaboy 15:39, 14 September 2010 (UTC)
- Very Strong Support: I am a native speaker of Angika language , in which the evidences of written literatures are available since 800AD. It is one of the ancient languages. During ancient period, Anga Lipi was used to write this language. Presently it is spoken by more than 40 million people of India (Mainly in Bihar, Jharkhand & West Bengal) and Nepal. There is a Google Search Engine in Angika language since the year 2004. Hence Angika Language must be given the opportunity to have its own language edition of Wikipedia to flourish. Already 100% of the most-used interface messages have been localised into Angika. Angpradesh 17:31, 14 September 2010 (UTC)
- Support there is a significant amount of speakers, so I support. Thank you, --Patriot8790 17:48, 22 September 2010 (UTC)
- Very Strong Support: Now 100% of the message texts of Wikimedia Mobile Interface have been localised in Angika language.Therefore Angika language deserves to be given the opportunity and priviledge to have its own language edition of Wikipedia. This will also require to ensure enhanced participation of community to develop it further. Due to complexity of Incubator it is not so easy to develop an active community as well. Angpradesh 04:26, 11 March 2011 (UTC)
- Support: I am not a speaker of this language, but given the amount of users that speak this language, it surely deserves a Wikipedia of its own. Hydriz 14:51, 14 March 2011 (UTC)
- Support, great testwiki-project --Midnight Green 07:31, 3 August 2011 (UTC)
- 'Support' Activity on the incubator looks good. John Vandenberg 07:33, 13 April 2011 (UTC)
- 'Support' Good activity on the test version. Vibhijain 06:50, 30 May 2011 (UTC)
- Support Nice going on main page. Good to see this language going live. -- ɑηsuмaη ʈ ᶏ ɭ Ϟ 15:21, 22 December 2011 (UTC)
Arguments against 
General discussion 
Localisation information 
- 100% of the most-used interface messages have been localised into Angika.
- 100% of the message texts of Wikimedia Mobile Interface have been localised in Angika language.