||Discuss the creation of this language project on this page. Votes will be ignored when judging the proposal. Please provide arguments or reasons and be prepared to defend them (see the Language proposal policy).
The language committee needs to verify the language is eligible to be approved.
- Check that the project does not already exist (see list).
- Obtain an ISO 639 code
- Ensure the requested language is sufficiently unique that it could not exist on a more general wiki.
- Ensure that there are a sufficient number of native editors of that language to merit an edition in that language.
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
||Example / Explanation
||kea (SIL, Ethnologue)
||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...
||Language name in English
||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...
||"Wikipedia" in your language
||usually the same as the project name
|Project talk namespace
||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)
||Files should be uploaded to Commons, but if you want, you can enable local file uploading.
Notes: (1) files on Commons can be used on all wikis; (2) this setting can be changed afterwards; (3) uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info
); (4) localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons
||File:Wikipedia svg logo-kea.svg
||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)
|Default project timezone
||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)
||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"
||Anything else that should be set
This creole has about 926.000 speakers and has a united writing system: ALUPEC
Arguments in favour 
- --Leefeni,de Karik 22:40, 24 October 2011 (UTC) It differs a lot from Portuguese, many Cape Verdean children in Portugal are expelled from the school because the teachers ignorantly think both language are the same. I can edit it, as I have a big experience with it, despite the fact that my mother tongue is Portuguese.
- Support developing country that has an online presence in this language.Luciferwildcat (talk) 03:37, 31 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support - There's enough that en:Boston Public Schools has a website in Kabuverdianu for people from Cape Verde who live in Boston and send kids to Boston schools. Anyhow when this Wiki goes up, that's going to be my first article request http://www.bostonpublicschools.org/capeverdean WhisperToMe (talk) 16:59, 19 October 2012 (UTC)
Arguments against