||This language has been verified as eligible.
The language is eligible for a project, which means that the subdomain can be created once there is an active community and a localized interface, as described in the language proposal policy. You can discuss the creation of this language project on this page.
Once the criteria are met, the language committee can proceed with the approval, will verify the test project content with a reliable neutral source, such as a professor or expert and notify the Board of Trustees for a possible veto.
If you think the criteria are met, but the project is still waiting for approval, feel free to notify the committee and ask them to consider its approval.
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
||Example / Explanation
||plm (SIL, Ethnologue)
||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...
||Language name in English
||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...
||"Wikipedia" in your language
||usually the same as the project name
|Project talk namespace
||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)
||Files should be uploaded to Commons, but if you want, you can enable local file uploading.
Notes: (1) files on Commons can be used on all wikis; (2) this setting can be changed afterwards; (3) uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info
); (4) localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons
||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)
|Default project timezone
||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)
||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"
||Anything else that should be set
- (en) Palembang (Baso Plembang) is the language used by the residents of Palembang city in South Sumatra, Indonesia. There are at least 500.000 first language speakers of Baso Plembang but it is used by millions in South Sumatra as a lingua franca.
- (id) Bahasa Palembang (Baso Plembang) adalah bahasa yang digunakan oleh peduduk kota Palembang di Sumatera Selatan, Indonesia. Sedikitnya ada 500.000 orang yang mengunakan Baso Plembang sebagai bahasa yang pertama, akan tetapi bahasa tersebut dipakai oleh jutaan orang di Sumatera Selatan sebagai lingua franca.
Arguments in favour 
- I am in, don't put this language into extinction --Andri.h 04:42, 11 April 2008 (UTC)
- Same as Andri.h, protecting before extinction Azmi1995 07:58, 23 May 2008 (UTC)
- Weak support. The language is not just used orally, but also has literary tradition. It has impact not just in Palembang but almost everywhere in southern part of Sumatra. The problem is, it is not clear which community will support the viability of its wikipedia. Kembangraps 09:08, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support I think Wikipedia Palembang must have for Palembang residents..--Lousyi 02:47, 13 June 2010 (UTC)
- Strong support Wikipedia bahasa Palembang mesti diwujudkan. Mesti diwujudkan.--Md. Farhan 06:26, 25 June 2010 (UTC)
- Support--Aplikasi 08:42, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
- Support --N KOziTalk 12:19, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
Arguments against 
- In the past 9 months, since this proposal was made, there appears to have been no progress. No support, no effort for content creation in Incubator, no effort to add basic localisation. Dead as a doornail so to speak (unfortunately, because a Wikipedia in this language would certainly have a potential audience). Siebrand 11:35, 25 March 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose Oppose Mikhailov Kusserow (talk) 07:01, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
General discussion 
Localisation update 
There is no observable localisation effort. GerardM 06:39, 4 April 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 0.00% of the most used MediaWiki messages have been localised. Localisation of these messages is a requirement before your request is finally assessed. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 12:31, 12 November 2008 (UTC)