Talysh Wikipedia 
||This language has been verified as eligible.
The language is eligible for a project, which means that the subdomain can be created once there is an active community and a localized interface, as described in the language proposal policy. You can discuss the creation of this language project on this page.
Once the criteria are met, the language committee can proceed with the approval, will verify the test project content with a reliable neutral source, such as a professor or expert and notify the Board of Trustees for a possible veto.
If you think the criteria are met, but the project is still waiting for approval, feel free to notify the committee and ask them to consider its approval.
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
||Example / Explanation
||tly (SIL, Ethnologue)
||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...
||Language name in English
||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...
||"Wikipedia" in your language
||usually the same as the project name
|Project talk namespace
||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)
||Files should be uploaded to Commons, but if you want, you can enable local file uploading.
Notes: (1) files on Commons can be used on all wikis; (2) this setting can be changed afterwards; (3) uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info
); (4) localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons
||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)
|Default project timezone
||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)
||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"
||Anything else that should be set
The Talyshi language is a Northwestern Iranian language spoken in the northern regions of the Iranian provinces of Gilan and Ardabil and the southern regions of the Republic of Azerbaijan. Number of Talysh speakers with reliable estimates running arround from 800,000 to 1 million.
Talysh people can get Talysh Language subject at primary schools in the southern regions of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Please note that voting does not have any effect. Please contribute to the Incubator test wiki instead, if you want a tly.wikipedia.org. Thanks, SPQRobin (talk) 19:20, 2 May 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Kaiyr (talk) 21:22, 19 May 2012 (UTC)
- Support--Baskervill 12:54, 30 May 2012 (UTC)
- Support --محک (talk) 10:51, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
- Oppose. Despite there are many Talysh speakers in Azerbaijan, very few of them can daily use Internet and very few of Talysh-speaking Internet users can use Wikipedia, not to mention writing articles and somehow improving it. WikiNikki (talk) 19:07, 11 November 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Andrijko Z. (talk) 06:17, 21 January 2013 (UTC)
- Support --Aliyev1 (talk) 11:05, 4 April 2013 (UTC)
- Support: I wholeheartedly support it! -- Mirzali
- Support--Talisoglu (talk) 12:58, 7 April 2013 (UTC)
- Support--Aladdin Asgerov (talk) 11:47, 8 April 2013 (UTC)
- Support: Native speakers of Talysh have the competency and willingness to contribute to this project in the long-term. Hence the Talysh language deserves to be given the opportunity and priviledge to have its own language edition of Wikipedia along with the existing Northwestern Iranian language family such as Mazanderani, Gilaki, Kurdish and so on. There are 900,000 speakers . --Jose77 (talk) 21:04, 13 April 2013 (UTC)
- Support: Dəstəkləyirəm. Talışca Vikipediyanın açılması bu dilinc və talış etnosunun qorunması baxımından böyük əhəmiyyətə malikdir. --►Cekli829 05:38, 8 May 2013 (UTC)
What script does your language use? The project name is written in Cyrillic while the test project content in written with Latin.--Nxx (talk) 19:05, 21 July 2012 (UTC)
- This was wrong. We want to make it with Latin script. --Aliyev1 (talk) 10:00, 4 April 2013 (UTC)
- This will help page --Erdemaslancan (talk) 10:17, 4 August 2012 (UTC)