||This language has been verified as eligible.
The language is eligible for a project, which means that the subdomain can be created once there is an active community and a localized interface, as described in the language proposal policy. You can discuss the creation of this language project on this page. (See an unofficial analysis of this request.)
- Language details: Wayuu (wayuunaiki, guc ISO 639-3)
- Editing community: P: Periergeia
- List your user name if you're interested in editing the wiki. Add "N" next to your
name if you are a native speaker of this language.
- Relevant pages: development wiki project
- External links:
|Please read the handbook for requesters for help using this template correctly.
Replace this line with your opening argument in favour of the new project.
Arguments in favour
- Spoken by over 300000 persons --Periergeia 00:51, 4 December 2009 (UTC)
- One of the official languages of Venezuela --Periergeia 00:51, 4 December 2009 (UTC)
- There are several projects in Venezuela to promote the use of American languages among schools and this would help.
- The Wayuu Taya Foundation wants to help
- Support, this project will be useful for Wayuu people (Colombia and Venezuela) and for Colombian and Venezuelan wikipedians. --Marrovi 05:34, 29 June 2010 (UTC)
- Support --U.Steele 19:32, 29 July 2011 (UTC)
I need help. How do I get the list of messages we need to translate? I go to the Trans... site and it says code (the ISO code for Wayuu, I suppose) is invalid. Thanks --Periergeia 21:08, 7 December 2009 (UTC)
- Localisation of the most wanted messages of MediaWiki at translatewiki.net is one of the requirements in order to get a new language approved... Please ask for translator rights at translatewiki.net