Bengali Wikiquote 
||This language has been verified as eligible.
The language is eligible for a project, which means that the subdomain can be created once there is an active community and a localized interface, as described in the language proposal policy. You can discuss the creation of this language project on this page. (See an unofficial analysis of this request.)
- Language details: Bengali (বাংলা, bn ISO 639-1)
- Editing community: পলাশ রঞ্জন সান্যাল N
- List your user name if you're interested in editing the wiki. Add "N" next to your
name if you are a native speaker of this language.
- Relevant pages:
- External links:
|Please read the handbook for requesters for help using this template correctly.
Bengali language has huge numbers of famous quotation by famous Bengali writers.
Arguments in favour 
- 4th largest language by number of native speakers.
- War fought for this language.
- National Language of Bangladesh and language of the state of West Bengal, India.
- Support There are many quotes in Bengali literature. Vibhijain 10:30, 20 May 2011 (UTC)
- Agree Bengali has thousand years old history. Since 15th century this language are being using by authors in literature. 1st Nobel prize winner of Asia is Rabindranath Tagor, whose literature medium is this Language.--Aashaa (talk) 11:47, 12 March 2012 (UTC)
Arguments against 
Other discussion 
Localisation update 
- FYI Localisation is a precondition to final approval. Given that only 72% of the most important messages have been localised at this time, it falls short from what is expected of second projects for a language. Expected is localisation for all MediaWiki messages and all the extensions used in the WMF. GerardM 12:28, 5 January 2008 (UTC)
- Great progress can be observed with 100.00% 95.07% 78.62% for the relevant statistics :) Thanks, GerardM 07:03, 4 April 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 76.34% of the MediaWiki messages and 55.91% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Localisation of these messages is a requirement before your request is finally assessed. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 13:46, 12 November 2008 (UTC)