Requests for new languages/Wikisource Marathi
Marathi Wikisource 
|←main page||Requests for new languages (Wikisource Marathi)|
Marathi WIkibooks currently are holding lot of Wikisource material community there is 1000 members with १४५ pages in main namespace many of which needs to be shifted to new wikisource.+ 28 pages are waiting on Marathi wikipedia category for transferable articles for wiki source.
Once articles on Marathi WIkibooks are transfered to marathi wikisource Marathi wikipedia has separate category of artlces trancefarble to marathi wibooks
|Please read the handbook for requesters for help using this template correctly.|
Marathi is language spoken in the state of Maharastra in India by almost 70 million people. The main domain of wikisource (http://wikisource.org) already has few Marathi source text. But since there is no separate sub domain, there is no coordination happening for Marathi wikisource. Also a stable community is not forming there. This must be changed. I request to start a separate sub doamin (http://mr.wikisource.org) for Marathi so that project will go live and community will become active. Marathi wikisource has huge potential. While creating the sub domain, kindly move the existing Marathi source texts from the main domain to the Marathi sub domain --Shijualex 07:18, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
Arguments in favour 
I support Wikisource porject in Marathi, for the following reasons:
- Marathi source texts from medieval era are available today (ref. the online page mentioned in Shiju's porposal and also here on wikisource site).
- If ancient Marathi source texts are made available online, they would prove to be an important citation reference for articles related to Marathi language and literature/authors across Marathi wikipedia and other languages' wiki projects.
--Sankalpdravid 03:16, 6 October 2010 (UTC)
- Twofold argument
- a) Old marathi texts need to be preserved in an open forum with open access.
- b) These, as well as new(er), copyright-free texts will provide freely available reference material for multiple wikimedia projects, both Marathi and otherwise.
अभय नातू 18:14, 8 October 2010 (UTC)
- This proposal, if finalised, will attract Marathi people all over the world to Wikisource Marathi and finally to Marathi Wiki and the sister projects.
- Marathi Language has got huge treasures of source texts since 12 century,Marathi Language has got very strong literary back ground and movement for last more than 100 years besides we do have requests from individuals and university departments to upload some of their source material. as of date which is largely un available with ease to non academic sections.So wiki source in Marathi will open doors for all. 12:05, 18 October 2010 (UTC)
Arguments against 
Other discussion 
- localisation of mediawiki completed 100% on 2nd Dec 2011 Wikimedia extension messages translations in process expected to be complete in max 30 days.
- We have 68 mr users on translate wiki and participated in one translate sprint in Pune India
- Various Media houses,academic and Government projects are available which need to be sourced on Indipendant wikisource
- Currently Marathi Wikibooks project is hosting lot of wikisource material which needs to be transfered to wiki source quite a lttle translation of ancient sanskrit texts to marathi language are lying on Marathi Wikipedia need to be transfered to wikisource.
- There is separate material for marathi wikibooks which is currently lying on wikibooks once mr-wikibooks is cleaned of source materials
8Separate academic insttutions are interested in particiapating mr-wikibooks projects before that we need to make them available mr-wikibooks as a clean project. Mahitgar (He who knows ,wants to know and and loves to keep others informed) 14:15, 2 December 2011 (UTC)
The bug is filed at bug 33907, but the configuration is needed:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||mr||Like "en", "fr", "de", ...|
|Project name||"Wikisource" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Continent/City||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Enable uploads||yes/no (optional)||Files should be uploaded to Commons, but if you want, you can enable local file uploading.
Notes: (1) files on Commons can be used on all wikis; (2) this setting can be changed afterwards; (3) uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info); (4) localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons
|Additional namespaces||(optional)||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||(optional)||Anything else that should be set|
|submit bug request (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|