Requests for new languages/Wiktionary Southern Sami
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Southern Sami Wiktionary 
||This language has been verified as eligible.
The language is eligible for a project, which means that the subdomain can be created once there is an active community and a localized interface, as described in the language proposal policy. You can discuss the creation of this language project on this page. (See an unofficial analysis of this request.)
- Language details: Southern Sami (Åarjelsaemien, sma ISO 639-2)
- Editing community: Max sonnelid (P)
- List your user name if you're interested in editing the wiki. Add "N" next to your
name if you are a native speaker of this language.
- Relevant pages: development wiki project
- External links:
|Please read the handbook for requesters for help using this template correctly.
Arguments in favour 
Arguments against 
- 500 speakers will not suffice, I don't think there is a chance for any wiki-community forming. --MiCkEdb 21:04, 26 March 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose Strong Oppose Discussion open since August of 2007 with no native speakers to come forward in assisting with this proposal, and, with only 600 native speakers to date, it is likely none ever will. Please close this request; it's success is nowhere near feasibility. :| TelCoNaSpVe :| 19:39, 21 December 2010 (UTC)
General discussion 
Localisation update 
- Currently 0.66% of the MediaWiki messages and 0% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Localisation of these messages is a requirement before your request is finally assessed. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 13:22, 13 November 2008 (UTC)