Before applying for stewardship, you must:
- agree to abide by the policies governing steward access, checkuser access, oversight access, and privacy;
- have a global (SUL) account;
- have a user account on this Meta wiki (attached to your unified account);
- have an account on at least one Wikimedia Foundation project where you have been active for at least six months;
- hold or have held administrator rights on one Wikimedia Foundation project for a period of at least three months.
(You can check the above requirements automatically.)
- be at least 18 years old, and at least the age of majority in your country, before the final day of voting;
- provide your full name and proof of identity to the Wikimedia Foundation.
Stewards are preferably multilingual, because steward work often involves projects of varying language, but this is not a requirement. They should also be available on a reasonably common basis. The stewards policy sets limitations; for example, stewards may not use their access on projects that they are active on to avoid conflicts of interest, and are encouraged to watch and help on the steward request pages. They can also join the IRC channel #wikimedia-stewards on freenode to answer requests.
Inactive stewards will have their access removed.
Provide proof of identity 
Proof of identity must be received before September 15, or you will be disqualified. Please see Steward handbook/email templates for the process for doing this.