We have no openings for members at this time, but we are always looking for interested people for future openings. If you wish to receive updates on future calls for members, please add your name below. If you no longer wish to receive updates of future rounds, please remove your name from the list below. We will not forget to notify you in advance of every selection round – thank you for your interest! For an idea of what to expect, please see the 2013 call. Please also take note of the expected standards of participation for members.
* Yes, I'd like to be notified, sign me up! ~~~~
- Yes, I'd like to be notified, sign me up! Tarawneh (talk) 18:17, 9 January 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, I'd like to be notified, sign me up! --Ilario (talk) 07:47, 27 January 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, I'd like to be notified, sign me up! Dyolf77 (talk) 14:18, 12 March 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, I'd like to be notified, sign me up! --Correogsk or Gustavo (Eritrocito or Heme aquí) 23:23, 2 April 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, I'd like to be notified, sign me up! Jcornelius (talk) 10:55, 27 June 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, I'd like to be notified, sign me up! --Violetova (talk) 17:00, 30 August 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, I'd sure like to be notified, sign me up! alhen Did you call, sir? 11:53, 25 September 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, I'd like to be notified, sign me up! — Danny B. 20:54, 30 October 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, I'd like to be notified, sign me up! Nasir Khan Saikat (talk) 17:33, 12 January 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, I'd like to be notified, sign me up! WikiBronze [T] 02:14, 10 April 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, I'd like to be notified, sign me up! -- ♪Karthik♫ ♪Nadar♫ 09:13, 18 April 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, I'd like to be notified, sign me up! --17:39, 25 April 2014 (UTC)Zen alramahi (talk)
- Yes, I'd like to be notified, sign me up! Kevin Rutherford (talk) 16:47, 28 April 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, I'd like to be notified, sign me up! MB-one (talk) 15:32, 5 May 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, I'd like to be notified, sign me up! --Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive • talk • 11:13, 25 May 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, I'd like to be notified, sign me up! Edjoerv (talk) 04:35, 10 June 2014 (UTC)
Existing trademark licenses
The draft of the proposed trademark policy says: «Chapters, user groups, and thematic organizations must comply both with this trademark policy and their respective agreement with the Wikimedia Foundation. If there are inconsistencies between this trademark policy and a chapter, user group, or a thematic organization agreement, the organization should follow their agreement». The second sentence cancels the first, because existing agreements obviously didn't include agreement to a policy that didn't exist yet and the explicit provisions are such, at least in the case(s) I know, that basically the whole policy can be disregarded. However, more recent or less careful chapters may have worse wordings in their agreements and should check that this new claim by the WMF doesn't make them impossible to conduct their activities. --Nemo 10:03, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
- This is not a contradiction:
- Existing organizations can continue to operte under their existing agreement, unless they decide to cancel it by accepting the new policies in a new agreement. There are termination clauses in all contracts that specify what can happen and how
- The policy exposes the situation that newer organisations will have to accept, i.e. the policy fixes the direction for newer agreements with the WMF.
- This policy may give also more rights to these organisations than what they currently have : if they want to use these rights, they have to accept the policy. Existing agreements are often limited in scope or in time (subject to multiple successive agreements for specific events). For example they may have a permanent limited right to use the trademarks for some kinds of events but not for saling products, including sales of medias containing the trademark (for example in the name of these products, such as books, or counceling services, or hosting services, or training services, or translation services). verdy_p (talk) 14:37, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
As far as I know, the User Group agreement and the Thorg agreement includes the trademark policy by reference, the latter makes it explicit that the policy may be changed. Nemo, you might want to forward your question to the WMF legal team. --Bence (talk) 15:22, 23 January 2014 (UTC)
Dear AffCom, we have what appears to be a breakaway group from the Macedonian chapter coming along to GAC with a large bid for an annual operating grant. There are implied complaints that AffCom has left in limbo an awkward situation with respect to the chapter and this breakaway group—among other things that AffCom has failed to respond for more than six months.
- It's not clear to me why you complain that AffCom is making something harder for GAC. We have an unaffiliated (i.e. unreviewed) group asking for a grant, isn't this routine for GAC?
- Even if WMMK's status happened to be revoked, this wouldn't imply immediate recognition of another organisation. I don't see how WMMK's status is related to the grant request.
- As long as Shared Knowledge doesn't use Wikimedia trademarks and Wikimedia Macedonia doesn't formally complain that the proposed activities are in contrast with Wikimedia Macedonia's rights per its chapter agreement, or WMMK explicitly agrees to allow such activities, I don't see how the grant is affected.
- I've not seen any public request to revoke chapter status to Wikimedia Macedonia, let alone reasons. Do you think AffCom should review a secret request? Also, if the association is inactive, can't its (former?) members ask for it to be disbanded by local authorities? (There is such a possibility in Italian law but I don't know about Macedonia of course.) Then no revoke decision would be needed-
- The new group's page was orphan till a moment ago (when I added a link from the request page). It seems therefore that the organisation has not started even the most basic steps of recognition as user group or chapter, what's AffCom supposed to do then?
- --Nemo 13:11, 20 July 2014 (UTC)
- Please point to where I make that complaint. I don't give a toss who is who and what the internal Macedonian politics are. All I'm doing is informing you that these people are complaining that AffCom hasn't responded to their emailed requests for information or assistance for six months. I'm uneasy having vast amounts of donors' money paid out via the PEG program when the situation is unclear. Over to you. Tony (talk) 09:52, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
Status on Wikimedia Macedonia
I've notified the members of the Affiliations Committee on the mailing list about the status on Wikimedia Macedonia and the activities that were carried out by the newly established community-endorsed Shared Knowledge in the past few months and requested review of its bylaws which would have to lead to resolution of the current status on Wikimedia Macedonia. I hope that my request will be answered promptly.--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 21:16, 24 July 2014 (UTC)