Howto ban a user?
- Depends on what wiki you're on. In the end it depends on the owner of the machine it's running on. 188.8.131.52 07:02, 27 September 2006 (UTC)
What if an user simply create another account using another username?
- Sockpuppets (What they call such other usernames) can be blocked. Usually banned users will always act the same, so sockpuppets look just like them, only with a different signature ;) 184.108.40.206 07:02, 27 September 2006 (UTC)
Is it possible to block possibility of creating account from some IP address? Paweł ze Szczecina 16:07, 24 June 2006 (UTC)
- On English WpA it is, I suspect its the same througout all WMF wikis. 220.127.116.11 07:02, 27 September 2006 (UTC)
Ban vs. block 
This page should really deal with blocked users (ie dealing with the technical rather than social mechanism). It should also explain the difference between a locked unified account and a blocked user. I may get around to doing this eventually. — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 00:04, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
- Hmm should it? Surely it would be best to keep this about the social banning, and create Blocked user, and discuss how that works there. Majorly talk 00:18, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
- Agree with Majorly; the distinction needs clarifying, not blurring. The uunified login vs. blocked user thing would probably work better on blocked user too. —Giggy 00:35, 17 August 2008 (UTC)