Talk:Grant Advisory Committee/Archive 1
Re: Welcome and GAC logistics (Asaf's e-mails)
I wholeheartedly endorse the notion that this committee must keep private communication to a very strict minimum and that we should not have a mailing list of our own, let alone a closed mailing list.
I would consider the following simple procedure for presenting issues pertaining to the functioning of this committee, beyond Asaf's continuous communication of the arrival of new grant proposals:
- 1) Start a topic on m:Talk:Grant Advisory Committee
- 2) Send an e-mail to Asaf so he is aware that a discussion was started.
- 3) Asaf sends an e-mail to all members containing the initial content and a link to the topic, directing everyone to discuss the issue there.
It is good to remind ourselves that issues related to the workings of the grants, or related to specific grants, already have their proper discussion spaces in the talk page for Grants:Index and those linked therein. Still, regarding these discussions, step 2 above may be applied if one feels there is a sensitive point to which step 3 should follow.
That way we discourage e-mail replies and keep everyone on the same step (while Liquidthreads doesn't come down from the heavens and saves us all).
Asaf, thank you for such a resonant and confident introduction,
Cheers everyone, looking forward to us working together,
--Solstag 06:22, 5 June 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks, Solstag! I think step 2 is not required, as I have automatic notification of changes to this page via Meta's watchlist e-mail feature. You can all set it up too, if you like, but anyway, I will be e-mailing GAC members on new or significantly updated discussions. Ijon 19:02, 6 June 2011 (UTC)
- I endorse Solstag's position on "no separate mailing list cabal for GAC", and I think that these ideas are a good commonsense approach to communication. 22.214.171.124 07:04, 17 September 2011 (UTC).
Participation by Bduke
For the next 6 weeks I will be travelling in Europe, visiting family, attending two conferences and having a holiday. I will not be able to comment as quickly as I would like and there may be periods of several days when I do not even look at meta. Sorry. I will be back home on August 18. --Bduke 09:11, 3 July 2011 (UTC)