|Language committee (contact page about requests)|
Please add any questions or feedback to the language committee here on this page.
Archives of this page
See also: Requests for new languages/Archives
Wp/hrx & Wp/sli
- The request for opening of the Rio Grande German Wikipedia (m:incubator:Wp/hrx) is still not verified. I think it's high time to do this. Just look: most of (if not all) MediaWiki messages was translated (by native speaker, by the way), more than 100 articles (some of them are good-sized). Activity is unstable but nonetheless it is, and I hope the project will be pretty much active in the short term.
- What are the chances for Silesian German Wikipedia (m:incubator:Wp/sli) to be opened? I believe it's ready.
Rinconada Bikol Wikipedia
- This project remains active since July. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikipedia_Rinconada --Filipinayzd (talk) 14:45, 14 September 2014 (UTC)
- The activity is indeed good, but it seems to me that the test-project only contains articles about municipialities in the Philippines so far? The Main Page lists several categories (like arts, culture, mathematics), but only one of them has content: Geography. Please also write about other topics before your Wikipedia is fully approved. --MF-W 21:59, 18 September 2014 (UTC)
Would you please approve the Requests for new languages/Wikivoyage Persian.Now it doesn't have any technical problem. we can expand it easily if it has local domain.
- As can be seen in the Catanalysis, the activity is only on an "approvable" level (regular contributors who make substantial edits) since last month. Last time before that, that was the case in March this year, and before that in January 2013. Therefore, it seems better to me to wait 1 or 2 months with the approval to see whether activity keeps up. --MF-W 00:51, 23 August 2014 (UTC)
- Approval is nearing. Meanwhile, please see Requests_for_new_languages/Wikivoyage_Persian#Settings. --MF-W 11:44, 22 September 2014 (UTC)
Moved in subpage Language committee/Marashi language
An IP address has created the page Language committee/Marashi language and it was sitting at the root level. I have moved it to a subpage here for someone to curate. — billinghurst sDrewth 01:49, 15 September 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Billinghurst. I moved it to Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Marashi and added it to the request list. —Pathoschild 01:58, 15 September 2014 (UTC)
When Finnish Wikivoyage starts?
- +1. Also I know some users who will start editing when Wikivoyage is first created. --Stryn (talk) 05:18, 17 September 2014 (UTC)
mam or mnc?
On this page there is the MAM language Wikipedia in the list, with the comment "On hold", and with an analysis link, which leads to the page of the MANCHU language, not the MAM! But what about the MAM? Is it verified? Is there an analysis page for MAM? Zerind (talk) 16:10, 17 September 2014 (UTC)
- I have corrected this now. The Manchu request was not listed, for some reason. There is no status page ("analysis") for Mam Wikipedia, however status pages are deprecated since a long time already, and new ones are not created anymore. The information they contained can be seen on the Request pages themselves. --MF-W 22:06, 18 September 2014 (UTC)