When we (WMF) initiated the social media handles a year and a half ago --during the ‘09 fundraiser-- the aim was to make it as open and as accessible as possible; it’s been a slow process, but we’re planning to change a few things over the next few weeks to help further that goal.
After working a bit with the Foundation Social Media Team (Sage Ross, LiAnna Davis, Guillaume Paumier and Deniz Gultekin (former Community Dept. Associate), we’ve come up with a few ways we think we can make our handles more accessible to the rest of the community.
Building on the Wikipedia Signpost model, we've started this page on Meta where anyone can submit posts for all of our social channels, including the Foundation blog. In addition, a few community members working in communications roles are also working on the team as admins for the handles.
We're just building out this page and it's in need of a lot of help, so please let us know what you think. The purpose here is to make our public communications more inclusive and reflective of our community and what’s important to them.
If you have time, please take a look and let us know what you think; we’d love any feedback you have. You can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org but it would be best to post here on the talk page.
Mokapantages 00:55, 12 March 2011 (UTC)
- I can speak for the MediaWiki handler: we don't do it because we have enough trying to maintain identi.ca, Twitter, Facebook and Google+. If you (or someone you know) want to help spreading MediaWiki news to Diaspora, let's talk. Just make your request at the mw:Social media discussion page. See this post and the responses in that thread for a similar request related to app.net.--Qgil (talk) 18:17, 24 December 2012 (UTC)
- No opposition in months, hence I've split the listing out and included the lists here. --Nemo 08:33, 2 April 2013 (UTC)
Delivery Status Notification
After I tried to email the specified address:
We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (socialmedia) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren't able to post:
- You might have spelled or formatted the group name incorrectly.
- The owner of the group may have removed this group.
- You may need to join the group before receiving permission to post.
- This group may not be open to posting.
If you have questions related to this or any other Google Group, visit the Help Center at http://support.google.com/a/wikimedia.org/bin/topic.py?topic=25838.
--Nemo 12:41, 9 November 2013 (UTC)