|Wikimedia LGBT is a proposed thematic organization that seeks to promote the development of content on Wikimedia projects which is of interest to LGBT communities. Proposed activities include outreach at LGBT events, Wikimania and other Wikimedia events, an international campaign called Wiki Loves Pride, and work on safe space policies, among other collaborations and interwiki projects. Active Wikimedians are welcome to join this cause! Please consider adding your name as a participant/supporter. Current tasks include translating pages, building a strong framework here at Meta, and achieving user group status (with the eventual goal of becoming a thematic organization). Your feedback is welcome on the discussion page.|
Question on role of Arabic
French is the official language of the planned chapter so I assume all bylaws etc. will be in French and if there are differences between other language versions, the French has supremacy.
- the official language of the future chapter are arabic -- french and english are in the second position--Bachounda (talk) 23:34, 3 June 2014 (UTC)
Help for a Constantine postcard
Some questions from AffCom
Hello, Algerian wiki[pm]edians! I would like to ask you guys a few questions to have all the relevant information in one place (one-two paragraph summaries or links to other pages are fine), which we use to get to know you better and to have a catalog of all affiliates as we ask all of them a very similar set of questions. These will also be useful if you later in time decide to apply for chapter or thematic organization status. Please keep in mind that there are no "expected" or wrong answers.
- Who are the people behind this application?
- How many?
- any active (on local or international level) Wiki[pm]edians? (please provide user names and wiki of origin)
- Active in which communities if any?
- How are they geographically distributed?
- How many people do you expect will eventually want to join?
- For the application and final agreement we will require two contact persons that can sign the Wikimedia_User_Group_Agreement on behalf of the group. Who will those be?
- Could you give a short overview of the time path of the founding up to now?
- Have there been any activities/meetings etc. of this group of people?
- What kind of activities are planned for the future in the user group?
- How can We help You?
- What name would you like to use? (There are some templates at Step-by-step_user_group_creation_guide#Naming_of_user_groups.)
Thank you in advance for your time in answering these questions, which help us get a feel for your group and determine how far along the process towards user group status are you at the moment. Let me know if you need any clarifications!!
Congratulations and welcome!
Congratulations on your recent recognition as a user group! We wanted to let you know about this tool for Wikimedia organizations (including user groups) that was just recently developed, in case you are interested in participating in the first phase of the project. We are collecting a first round of responses until 21 December: Organizational_effectiveness/Tool. We wanted to let you know about the tool, since as a newer group, we may not have reached out to you yet.
If your group is interested in participating, but has questions, we'd be happy to help you get started. Just contact me on my user page or send me a note at orgeffectiveness at wikimedia dot org. Cheers and welcome, Winifred Olliff (FDC Support Team) talk 19:09, 15 December 2014 (UTC)
eLearning Africa Conference
Hello WMDZ. I just came across a regional conference that seems relevant for you and community members. The 10th annual eLearning Africa conference will be hosted this year in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, at the African Union HQ. I'm in the process of seeing if there's space for any involvement from the Wikipedia Education Program team, be it a conference session or pre-conference workshop. Could also be an opportunity to highlight some of the work you do as well or learn what others are doing in the region! @Bachounda: Please share onwards as appropriate :) Tighe Flanagan (WMF) (talk) 17:50, 26 February 2015 (UTC)