- 1 Address?
- 2 List Serve
- 3 Resources
- 4 Abt languages
- 5 Requesting help in designing a barnstar
- 6 Trust vs. Society
- 7 Help needed?
- 8 Monetary Contribution in Indian Rupee
- 9 Country portals
- 10 youtube link
- 11 Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 in India
- 12 Wow Konkani Wikipedia in Goa
- 13 Wikimedia LGBT
- 14 Request for comments on Wikimedia user group logos
- 15 Affiliations Committee call for candidates - September 2014
- 16 Data Mismatch
- 17 A fundamental question concerning your relations with the Bangladesh chapter
- 18 Nominations are being accepted for 2015 Wikimedia Foundation elections
- 19 Requests for comments on Wikimedia user groups approval process and agreements
- Done. Emailed our current host address. Thanks Aradhana. -- Sundar 03:12, 25 September 2010 (UTC)
- I noticed you have on your task list to invite editors to the list-serve. While not a particularly active editor, I have put in a subscription request. I am the Chief Program Officer at the Wikimedia Foundation and I'm especially interested in how I might be able to be a resource for your group and what I can learn from you. Please don't hesitate to refer me to a more appropriate discussion space if you prefer not to have Foundation staff on your mailing list. Thanks! Jennifer Riggs 17:59, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
- According to princelystates.com, Internet Indian History Sourcebook, produced at Fordham University, are collections of public domain and copy-permitted historical texts presented cleanly (without advertising or excessive layout) for educational use (http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/), hmm so is it PD or for educational use only?
- Does this project cover only Indian (as in Hindustan) languages or the languages of India (as in Akhanda Bharat/Jambudweep/SAARC region/South Asia)? I think it would be better if it covered the whole of South Asia as the languages, fonts and cultural aspects of languages are similar in the region. --Eukesh 07:18, 7 October 2006 (UTC)
- I agree too that a South Asian coordonation based on the cultural similarities would be more meaningful. Desiphral 15:22, 5 November 2006 (UTC)
Requesting help in designing a barnstar
All Indian Languages using wikipedians,
Further promotion of Indic language wikipedias needs mass media publicity like Print,Radio,telvision , aproaching in academic Institutions.
Also if possible a level of field support from network engineers in India for presentation and training in usage of Indian Languages and wikipedia can be a added boon.
May I call on all indic language wikipedia users,to put our hands together to design special barnstars or suggest one which can be awarded to all those who will support our noble cause with actual field support among Indian education institutions and Indian mass media or actual field 'network'help to users.
I belive we should award barnstars to such users who can support the cause through online publicity like blogs , groups etc. also.
Please do share any good development in this regards to all indic language wikipedias at विकिपिडिया: देवनागरी टेम्प्लेट परियोजना
Trust vs. Society
Hello. I just came to know about the plan to start a Wikipedia India chapter. I am a last year law student in Pune and would be glad to be of any assistance. --Nilotpal42 14:15, 3 April 2010 (UTC)
-- Hi Nilotpal42, sorry about the delayed response - would it be possible to give the current version of the MoA and Rules a once-over to make sure we haven't made any glaring errors of language, logic or law please? It is here: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_India/MoA-ChapComVer - Gautam John 05:43, 29 May 2010 (UTC)
- Gautam, you have linked last month's draft MoA. The latest draft MoA has been uploaded today on Met and is available at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_India/MoA-PostChapComVer. --Gurubrahma 06:30, 29 May 2010 (UTC)
- I think you should specify who is to prescribe the format for application format. "Prescribed format" sounds too ambiguous to me.--Nilotpal42 16:13, 13 June 2010 (UTC)
Monetary Contribution in Indian Rupee
Want to know why I can't yet contribute in Indian Rupee.
Though there are a lot of India specific pages on Wikimedia India page, I could not find country portal for India on Wikimedia. Ab 18 11:22, 18 October 2011 (UTC)
The Official channel link for Youtube is apparently not active.
Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 in India
The Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 in India will start soon on Commons. I would hence request the chapter to take a look at the competition and declare their involvement in it. Note: Involvement of the chapter, not the volunteers. I am sure the volunteers would participate in various ways. But at many times i see lack of the Chapter's participation in such events. Hence this note here. Dharmadhyaksha (talk) 04:34, 21 February 2013 (UTC)
Wow Konkani Wikipedia in Goa
It seems like a major collaboration with a University in Goa is beginning! See Times of India. Is anyone in the chapter participating in this effort? Blue Rasberry (talk) 15:10, 27 September 2013 (UTC)
|Wikimedia LGBT is a proposed thematic organization that seeks to promote the development of content on Wikimedia projects which is of interest to LGBT communities. Proposed activities include outreach at LGBT events, Wikimania and other Wikimedia events, an international campaign called Wiki Loves Pride, and work on safe space policies, among other collaborations and interwiki projects. Active Wikimedians are welcome to join this cause! Please consider adding your name as a participant/supporter. Current tasks include translating pages, building a strong framework here at Meta, and achieving user group status (with the eventual goal of becoming a thematic organization). Your feedback is welcome on the discussion page.|
- You are invited to participate in Wiki Loves Pride (Wiki Loves Pride 2014 at English Wikipedia), a global campaign to create and improve LGBT-related content throughout the month of June, culminating with a multinational edit-a-thon on June 21. There are many ways to help, including translating the Wiki Loves Pride at Meta (or Wikipedia), hosting an LGBT edit-a-thon, uploading media files related to LGBT culture and history, or supporting an LGBT initiative at any Wikimedia project. Thank you for your consideration, and please let me know if you have any questions. --Another Believer (talk) 21:23, 23 May 2014 (UTC)
The Affiliations Committee is requesting comments on proposed best practices for Wikimedia user group logos. The committee will seek community input until Saturday, May 24, 2014. After considering the community's input, the Affiliations Committee will publish on Meta-Wiki guidelines for Wikimedia user group logos.
There is already a standard format used by chapters, and that format is being applied to thematic organizations as well. Chapters and thematic organizations have also worked with Wikimedia Foundation legal in the past on custom logos. Wikimedia user groups may also create custom logos, and the new trademark policy allows for logos to be based off the community or Wikimedia Foundation logos. However, there remains a question of the best practice for standard user group logos.
Please make any comments or ask any questions on Meta-Wiki at Affiliations Committee/RFCs/Wikimedia user group logos.
Thank you - Wikimedia Affiliations Committee
The Affiliations Committee is looking for new members. The committee's work requires communication with volunteers all over the World, negotiating skills and cultural sensitivity and the ability to understand legal texts. We try to get a healthy mix of different skill sets in our members.
Members are usually selected every twelve months for staggered two-year terms. The applications will be voted on by the current members not seeking re-election, taking into account comments put forward by the committee's members, advisers, WMF staff and board liaisons based on the membership criteria. A final decision will be made by the end of October 2014, with new members expected to join on or around 1 November 2014.
Please read the full call for candidates for more information, membership criteria, and details on how to apply.
Chair, Affiliations Committee
Hi, I added the assamese wikisource today in th list. But the statistics shown wrongly there. May anyone can fix the problem? The data shown as below and it match only current Assamese wikipedia statistics.
|Language||Language (local)||Wiki||Articles||Total||Edits||Admins||Users||Active Users||Images|
Now, I notice, It not only happens in Assamese wikisource but other communities too including Einglish wikisource etc, Have a look please.
Bishnu Saikia⇒✉ 08:35, 10 October 2014 (UTC)
A fundamental question concerning your relations with the Bangladesh chapter
Given that the team members listed include quite a few people with close ties to the Indian chapter, the board's attention to this issue would be much appreciated. Thank you indeed. Tony (talk) 10:27, 8 November 2014 (UTC)
I am pleased to announce that nominations are now being accepted for the 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Elections. This year the Board and the FDC Staff are looking for a diverse set of candidates from regions and projects that are traditionally under-represented on the board and in the movement as well as candidates with experience in technology, product or finance. To this end they have published letters describing what they think is needed and, recognizing that those who know the community the best are the community themselves, the election committee is accepting nominations for community members you think should run and will reach out to those nominated to provide them with information about the job and the election process.
This year, elections are being held for the following roles:
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is the decision-making body that is ultimately responsible for the long term sustainability of the Foundation, so we value wide input into its selection. There are three positions being filled. More information about this role can be found at the board elections page.
Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC)
The Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) makes recommendations about how to allocate Wikimedia movement funds to eligible entities. There are five positions being filled. More information about this role can be found at the FDC elections page.
Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) Ombud
The FDC Ombud receives complaints and feedback about the FDC process, investigates complaints at the request of the Board of Trustees, and summarizes the investigations and feedback for the Board of Trustees on an annual basis. One position is being filled. More information about this role can be found at the FDC Ombudsperson elections page.
The candidacy submission phase lasts from 00:00 UTC April 20 to 23:59 UTC May 5 for the Board and from 00:00 UTCApril 20 to 23:59 UTC April 30 for the FDC and FDC Ombudsperson. This year, we are accepting both self-nominations and nominations of others. More information on this election and the nomination process can be found on the 2015 Wikimedia elections page on Meta-Wiki.
Please feel free to post a note about the election on your project's village pump. Any questions related to the election can be posted on the talk page on Meta, or sent to the election committee's mailing list, board-elections -at- wikimedia.org
Wikimedia user groups are groups of Wikimedia users who support and promote the Wikimedia projects in the offline world by organizing meetups and other projects. The Wikimedia Affiliations Committee's responsibilities include approval of new Wikimedia user groups.
The committee will seek community input until Friday, May 1, 2015. The committee will then review the community's input, and publish the new process and agreements on Meta-Wiki. The committee will again seek community input approximately six months after any changes are adopted to gauge effectiveness and if any additional changes are necessary.
Please see the RFC page on Meta-Wiki for more information and to provide feedback.
Thank you - Wikimedia Affiliations Committee